Resolved New Ipad2 IOS Version?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
A buddy of mine got an ipad2 for Christmas. I'm trying to help him set it up on a Windows PC at arms length.

He say's the OS version out of the box is 4.3.x? Anybody confirm that new ipad2's ship needing the update to IOS5?

Last edited:

Hongkongfu

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2011
well there is no jailbreak after 4.3.4 for now (a5 devices) so tell him to upgrsde to 5.0.1 will he can cause pod2g is working on the jaiobreak , apple will relase 5.0.2 soon and then it will be to late to go to 5.0.1

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Not Looking To JB

well there is no jailbreak after 4.3.4 for now (a5 devices) so tell him to upgrsde to 5.0.1 will he can cause pod2g is working on the jaiobreak , apple will relase 5.0.2 soon and then it will be to late to go to 5.0.1
I just need to confirm that the os is 4.x out of the box. Anyone who got one for Christmas in the UK should be able to confirm this.

He isn't techi at all, so before I configure iTunes on his PC i want to know if the device DID actually ship with 4.x....Talking him through the update will be difficult...I will have to be there to do it with him.

x5tuu

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
yeah mine was on 4.x and subsequently upgraded it to 5.0.1

it was a John Lewis unit

Hongkongfu

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2011
I just need to confirm that the os is 4.x out of the box. Anyone who got one for Christmas in the UK should be able to confirm this.

He isn't techi at all, so before I configure iTunes on his PC i want to know if the device DID actually ship with 4.x....Talking him through the update will be difficult...I will have to be there to do it with him.
is easy ... just put it to itunes click the update buttons thats it , even my grandma could do this ...

it can not end up in a brick ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.