New iPad2 user who needs your Advice! :)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Vincesampras, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Vincesampras macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    I'm a new iPad2 Wifi user, it's a 4.3.5 Version and need your help please! :)
    I heard about the Jailbreaking but not sure exactly what it is and wonder how can I do that safely. Is it possible to unjailbreak it as well?
    I would like to be able to drag and drop all my videos (Avi, Mkv, etc...) from my MacBook Pro to my iPad and read them easily, how can I do that please? How can I watch some streaming Sports online as well please because the websites I used to go are not working with the iPad?
    Is it possible to get some Wifi connection everywhere? Or/And can I use my BlackBerry 3G as a hotspot to get the Internet?
    Any tips are more than welcome :)
    Thanks very much for your help!
    Regards.

2. Habakuk macrumors 6502a

No need for a jailbreak. There are warranty risks and Apple knows that you were jailbroken even if you restore later. Play all your videos with this app:

http://appshopper.com/utilities/gplayer

FREE for a limited time!!!

3. Vincesampras thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that.
    Silly question but do I download this on my MacBook Pro or iPad2 plse? :)

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Maybe Your First Step

While you have a pretty empty iPad would be to upgrade to IOS5? If you have a mac, or PC post back and we can help you through it.

5. Vincesampras thread starter macrumors newbie

Happy to do so if IOS5 is better and will allow me to do what I'm looking for! :)
    Thanks if you can help me with that. I've got a MacBook pro with me.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Okay

It would be better if you had a mac at home.....Do you have a mac or PcC at home?

If so. Wait.

If not.

Download the latest version of iTunes on your MBP (IF this is where your music / photo's and apps normally live)

Once downloaded, connect your new iPad to your MBP and follow the instructions from the Summary tab when your iPad is visible in the left hand pane of iTunes.

These instructions are the same on a home system. In other words if you have an iTunes libray at home on a different computer, do it there.

7. Vincesampras thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok doing the upgrade right now; should be finished in 30 minutes. Then what do you advice me to do plse? About this Apps GPlayer, should I download it on my MBP or I2 plse? Cheers.

8. Habakuk macrumors 6502a

On iPad. View this MacRumors forum posting on your iPad and click (better: tap :)) this very link:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/gplayer/id438402174?mt=8

It will guide you directly into the iOS App Store. Install GPlayer. Read the description in App Store on how to put the video files on your iPad.

9. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Good Advice

But I am Old (An a little wise) Get used to your iPad first. Find out where stuff lives and how it works. Then go for the things you are used to on your MBP.

Just a thought.

10. Vincesampras thread starter macrumors newbie

All done, Thks. Any other Apps really necessary plse?
    How do you watch streaming videos on the iPad?
    How can I use my 3G Blackberry to use my iPad Wifi to go to the net plse?
    Thanks for your help. Really Cool!