Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
Never got a sticker with my AW…

They only came with "computing devices" and not "companion devices." So not watch or headphones or anything like that. Only iPhones, iPads and Macs.

And, the more expensive devices came with better stickers. Considering how expensive this iPad is, they could at least include them with the Pro.

Reactions: Surf Monkey

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

The new iPad Pro and iPad Air models unveiled this week do not include Apple stickers in the box, as a result of Apple's commitment to removing all plastic from its product packaging, according to an Apple Store memo obtained by 9to5Mac.

M4-iPad-Pro-Stickers-Feature.jpg

If you really want a sticker, the report said you can still ask an employee for one while purchasing a new iPad Pro or iPad Air at an Apple Store.

Apple also does not include stickers with the Vision Pro headset, but the new MacBook Air models released in March do come with them, so it appears that Apple is still in the process of gradually phasing out Apple stickers in the box for its latest products.

Apple previously announced that it aimed to achieve plastic-free packaging by 2025.

Article Link: New iPads Don't Come With Apple Stickers in the Box

Cost saving move. /s

Some of this stuff is just idiotic. Timmy is unbelievable.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Jumpthesnark

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
How dare they stop the stickers!

Mandatory thing to put on your car window or somewhere else. That’s it, I’m cancelling Apple. ;)

lol - jokes aside, I can’t say I ever used the stickers at all. Nice little extra but not really necessary.

UliBaer

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2024
Germany
Were there ever stickers in the iPhone packages? :confused:
I didn't find any?! o_O

[edit]
Nvm, finally found them, they are still inside the packages! 🤣

Last edited:

filmgirl

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2007
Seattle, WA
I'm saving my black stickers from the "trash can pro". Did they include black ones with any other product? Never saw anything other than white with everything I ordered before the trash can.
Yeah, the iMac Pro, the iPhone 7 with the special black anodizing, I'll have to check the new space black M3 stickers (I think they are standard tho), and there is probably another one I'm missing.

I'm only aware of the black, the gold (for the gold MacBook) and rose gold variants. Would love to know if there are more -- I'm actually surprised this isn't already documented somewhere.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I can imagine the allusions to penny-pinching this will generate. But I think it’s good. I bet most people chuck them out or toss them in a drawer. I doubt they’re environmentally friendly so I think they’ll be gradually phased out from all products.

Agreed. I loved getting the apple stickers....then realized I do literally nothing with them. They just stay wherever I put them on their original backing. I'm sure many others are the same .

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
I remember when the stickers really meant something - it was a way to show that you had a Mac, and good taste. But now that Apple is not the underdog, and one of the biggest companies in the world, they make a lot less sense.
People have brought up that Apple has become waay too corporate, and becoming more and more like the Big Brother they were fighting against in their 1984 TV commercial. However, even some "Mac heads" (one guy has $13K in Mac hardware) saying they were always like that. They just did a much better job of hiding it back then was all.

DanK104

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2006
How far back did the tradition of including stickers go? I'm almost certain it predates the return of Jobs.
I'm pretty sure that my Mac SE, in 1985, came with a sticker. The old rainbow Apple logo. Like everyone else, I have it in a drawer somewhere....

sdfox7

Contributor
Jan 30, 2022
USA
Time to get rid of the power bricks for the MacBooks too, just like the phones. Who needs those? Imagine all the plastic that could be eliminated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.