All iPads New iPads don't have screen issues?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Fattytail, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

So either people have lost interest in the topic or the screens have gotten progressively better. Anyone who's bought an iPad in the last couple of weeks experience yellowish screens, book spine, etc.?

2. Solange82200 macrumors regular

I just bought a mini about two weeks ago and had the slight yellowing on the bottom part of the screen. Exchanged it and got one with dust under the screen. Finally got a good one, can still see a slight slight yellow tone on the bottom when looking at the keyboard horizontally, but it's really not noticeable and wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't been looking for it.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I purchased an iPad rMini on 26/3/14 and an iPad Air on the 29/3/14.

No issues.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My original rMini (purchased at launch) doesn't have screen issues.

5. Rodster macrumors 68040

No issues for me other than minimal lightbleed in the lower left corner of my Air.

6. SeanR1 macrumors 6502

SeanR1

I bought an Air for my wife last night, no issues.

7. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Very noticeable on the keyboard on the one I purchased a few weeks ago. I pulled the trigger because it was on sale and BB had some open boxes. The clerk could not believe it when I showed him the yellow on the bottom of the keyboard when I returned it.

No telling if it was a newer rmini or not though.

8. cababah macrumors 68000

The Apple OCD fires burn hottest at product launches and die down up until the launch of the next iteration and the cycle repeats.

9. BoneHead001 macrumors 6502

I sincerely hope Apple fixes the iPad Air screen problems of bookspine, discoloration and overall tonal evenness in the iPad Air 2.

10. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

I tend to agree with the above, although I'm sure that early models of any product release are more likely to have issues than later down the production cycle. Besides, I suspect that the "perfect" iPad doesn't exist either, or very few do. Some people just obsess too much over the little things that have absolutely no bearing on the everyday usage of an iPad.

11. Fattytail thread starter macrumors 6502a

See, I wish I could agree that some of the initial screen issues were just the result of some over-obsessive personalities. But, I witnessed for myself several iPads with disgusting half-yellow screens so I know it was a real problem. This is coming from a guy who's and never previously had to exchange an iPad.

12. HenryDJP macrumors 603

I'm on my 3rd iPad Air hit not because of screen issues or defects. My first one was a 16GB cellular. Perfect screen. I just swapped it for a 32GB because I needed more storage space for work. The second one also had a perfect screen but I got caught up in an unnerving thread that I will cheerfully stay away from for now on. Certain people had me convinced that switching out my iPad would get me one that didn't have the tab reloading issue. I exchanged it but the same reloading, so that advice was BS. My 3rd iPad Air I'm tying on now also has a perfect screen.

My initial purchase was under a month ago I bought my iPad directly from the Apple Store. It's a much higher chance that buying from the Apple store will get you the most recent product off the assembly line.

13. luckylisp macrumors 6502

I saw an iPad Air that was purchased at the end of March and it too had the yellowing on the left side.

14. 62tele macrumors 6502a

The screen issues are always overblown.

I have had an original iPad, iPad 3 and iPad Air and purchased an iPad, iPad 3 and retina Mini for my daughter, all without issues.

If the issues were as widespread as claimed by the OCD community on this board the iPad would have been a PR nightmare for Apple.

15. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Agreed. My point was that I'm sure that there were indeed iPads with serious screen issues, but that everyone who returned their iPads didn't have such serious issues. Some were just obsessing over very minimal issues that would have in no way interfered with the everyday normal usage of the iPad.

16. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Right. I've bought and set up so many iPads ever since the original one, for myself, family, and my bosses. I think I'm coming close to having set up two dozen iPads, if I haven't passed that mark already. Never noticed one with a screen issue. Some may have had light leaks if looked at in a dark room, but it didn't affect usage under normal light conditions. So while I'm sure that SOME iPads have screen issues, I think the vast majority of iPads are just fine.

17. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

Are the iPad airs bought after March 11th coming with 7.1 version or 7.0? TIA

18. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

iPads produced after March 11 will likely have 7.1 on them. However, iPads produced earlier than March 11 are still sitting on store shelves and in warehouses. So there's no definitive yes or no answer to your question. It depends.

I've heard that there is a way to figure out the production date from the serial number, so if you want to get an iPad with a particular iOS version, you'd have to check the serial number before you buy.

19. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Got my iPad via UPS from Sprint on Thursday, and it had IOS 7.0.4 on it. I had update it to 7.1 before I could even restore my settings from iCloud.

20. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

For what it's worth I just opened my new rMini. Screen looks uniform during normal usage. However, I am not one that goes looking for problems outside of normal daily usage.

21. Solange82200 macrumors regular

In these forums there is a site someone posted where you can put your serial number in and it tells you the production date. The ipad mini I mentioned with the good screen ended up getting returned the other day, due to the fact Im going to get the cellular version from tmobile instead. I'm just nervous that I'll get another bad screen, its coming in the mail tomorrow. On the bright side, my friend from work also ordered an ipad mini from tmobile, which she got today, and we book looked at the screen and I didnt see any issues with it.

22. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I originally bought a Retina Mini in the middle of December and it was perfect.
    I exchanged it the weekend after Christmas for the 128GB AT&T and it too was perfect.

I bought a 16GB WiFi Air a month ago and it was perfect. Exchanged it for the 32GB Air and it too is perfect.

I have never bought anything from Apple from MacBooks to MBPs to all iPhones except for the 5 and all have been excellent.

Never had any quality issues and so I have never once paid for Apple Care.

23. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I got one from TMobile on Tuesday. The manufacture date was week 3 of January. The screen looks great.

Good luck!

----------

Mine was purchased on April 15th, manufactured in January and had 7.0.X

24. Solange82200 macrumors regular

Thanks! It's out for delivery today, I am going crazy waiting for it!

25. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

"Out for delivery" is the hardest time haha