New iPads in store availability

Discussion in 'iPad' started by garyleecn, Jun 5, 2017.

1. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

it appears the new pro will ship on Monday with overnight shipping (hopefully, I had experience that apple changed overnight shipping to standard 3-5 days ground, shame on you apple) , delivering on Tuesday.
    So dos anyone know if they will be available to purchase in store in Monday? Or it will also be Tuesday.

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Accordingly, it says it will ship within "Five business days" on Apples website. So likely an Apple store would have it on display starting on Monday. It's not very clear if an Apple store will have it available for resale on Monday or Tuesday. (I'm guessing Monday.)

If you call your local Apple Store, they likely will be able to verify what specific day they will have any units available for resale.

3. SD449 macrumors member

Called Chapelfield (Norwich UK) store and ended up talking to Athens, Greece And they had no information and couldn't contact the store

Drove to store and employees didn't know either just direct you to order online for delivery next week

Rather disappointed as flying tomorrow for weeks holiday (Greece, ironically) and would have been a nice impulse purchase but alas it's not meant to be

4. spook macrumors regular

5. garyleecn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Given "5 business days", if we count Monday as one, they may even be available on Friday.
    Also, all accessories are in stock ready to ship, but all available to be pick up in store on friday. So right now I'm even suspecting friday.

6. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I remember the 12.9 Pro showing up unexpectedly in store a few days prior to the ones ordered for delivery. It'd be nice if the same thing happened with this launch.

7. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

8. CoriG macrumors 6502

9. NoWayBehind macrumors 6502

NoWayBehind

Mine shows Tuesday too, however I was a bit surprised by this. I think the last few years they were usually delivered the same week on Friday with the presentation also being the Monday prior. Maybe we still get lucky this week?

10. CoriG macrumors 6502

fingers crossed as I am leaving on Monday night for a 3 week trip and would LOVE to have the new ipad!!

11. ascender macrumors 68000

Did they not also mention the iPad would release in x number of countries simultaneously? So presumably they are not expecting too many supply constraints with this? I think its a positive sign that the accessories are shipping already too...

12. garyleecn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hopefully they have them in stock on Monday

13. ohsnap macrumors regular

My orders page says I have 3-5 day ground shipping which will be delivered by Tuesday. So presumably, they will start shipping today (Thursday).

14. zerolight macrumors 6502

zerolight

15. Dave245 macrumors 601

I'm hoping that they will be available to reserve for in store pickup for the 19th of August, my nearest Apple Store here in U.K is a fair few miles away and I'm planning a big shopping trip with friends for my birthday so it would be the perfect time to reserve one and pick it up on the 19th August and with IOS 11 not being available until around September anyway I can wait and use my current first gen 12.9" iPad Pro.

16. spook macrumors regular

Hopefully true. If it's in John Lewis it'll be in Argos, currys & pcworld and independent apple stores for order.
    I'm off work and would like to get it before go back To work on Wednesday

17. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

My store said Tuesday, but they weren't positive.

18. zerolight macrumors 6502

zerolight

I cancelled my 64gb 12.9 and reordered a 256gb. Delivery jumped from 13th to 23rd so I'm hoping to walk in and buy on Mon this week. Or Tue.

19. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

Target.com says the iPad goes on sale in store starting Tuesday. Last year I got my iPad Pro from a target store the same day they were first available from the Apple Store.

20. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I’m going to whichever store has it first, Apple or Walmart or Target or Best Buy or Costco or etc. :)

Funny thing is all are within 15 minutes of me, whichever gets it first gets my bucks for the 10.5 64 g6 and I do not care about the color.

And I always get Apple stuff at a retailer store before I would ever get it shipped to me because I am not limiting my resources which are so close to me. And I ain’t worried about limited stock either so .....