All iPads New iPads LTE Info?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MJedi, Oct 22, 2013.

1. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

Hello all,

Did Apple mention, or is it on their website that has details about the LTE in the new iPads announced today? Specifically, whether they have the same chipset/antenna like the iPhone 5s that allows it to connect to all carriers, so that I don't need to choose a specific iPad model made for just a specific carrier.

It sure would be nice to choose whatever carrier on just one device.

Thanks

2. MJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

MJedi

3. Akack macrumors 6502a

4. MJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

MJedi

New iPads LTE Info?

Looks like they just updated that page. The new iPads weren't listed there yesterday. And it looks like there is only one model for all carriers. That's good news. Thanks!

5. acarney macrumors 6502

Apple still has that wonderful wording of "Make sure to pick the iPad with the service provider you plan to use as iPad's will only work with that providers network!"

Wonder if that's just to cover themselves when Sprint says "no way" to activating an iPad you bought from the Apple store, or Verizon wireless and then brought over. I figure they'll want to sell them in their own stores so they can PUSH hard on cases, protection plans, etc.

Either way, I'll be massively happy if one Apple store sourced iPad works with Verizon, AT&T, TMo, and US Cellular. I really don't care if Sprint throws a hissy fit, they just don't have the network making it worth a fight.