New iPhone 3G Colors?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applebottom, Aug 3, 2008.

1. applebottom macrumors newbie

2. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Maybe red, as in Product Red...but I seriously doubt that we'll be seeing any additional colors on the iPhone.

3. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

The pink one is cute.

Not holding my breath, though.

4. RobLikesBrunch macrumors regular

Fake, obviously.

I highly doubt that Apple will release new colors. Apple tends to reserve classy colors (black and white) for their high-end products. If the iPhone nano is true, that one may feature multiple color varieties, but I doubt it.

5. .Chris macrumors 6502a

.Chris

If it did come in colors they wouldn't be bright like the kids did over there. it will be more like the current nano colors....

6. applebottom thread starter macrumors newbie

Those colors are brighter than the building blocks I played with when I was 6 month old.

7. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

The only color I can see Apple offering would maybe be a Product (RED) one. I could have swore when the rumors of the iPhone 3G were stirring a few months ago, there were some professional pics of the black, white, and red one.

Here is one link...the case was wrong for the phone though.
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/01/case-manufacturers-getting-early-3g-iphone-size-specs/

And here is a recent rumor: http://www.macrumors.com/2008/07/24/red-iphone-for-holidays/

Colorware unfortunately doesn't color the iPhone 3G yet.

8. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

9. stiphone macrumors regular

black and white looks more professional then these other colors. They'll fid well with the Nano or mini if Apple do come out with them at the end of the year.

10. phaggard macrumors regular

Seems like the logical next step for the Iphone. Except for fixing bugs there's nothing else to add to get new purchases. The average non techy public love the different colored covers. That's most likely one of many reasons why Apple switched to the plastic rear case.

11. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

No point in Apple making different colors, most people cover it to protect it from scratches.

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Exactly the point I was about to make. The white one looks HORRIBLE because only the back half is white. If they actually made the thing white instead of snapping a different back on, it may look good. But that thing rivals the very old eMacs. The blue mock-up above isn't as bad, but you can tell what I mean from the side shot. The Razrs I have owned were actually colored aside from the keypad.

But anyway, I plan to keep mine covered. I have a thick plastic case for my EDGE model, and I saw a neat silicone red cover for the 3G that I'll get whenever I make that step up.

13. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Don't knock the white iPhone. Rumor has it it's Johnathan Ive's favorite model.

14. applebottom thread starter macrumors newbie

Not everybody though, some just use an invisible shield or something.

15. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Apple is going to keep the base colors for the iPhone, not like the iPod's...

I think red is still out of the question though, but who knows.

16. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

+1

There is no way I would carry any of those colors! White is as colored as I get :p