New iPhone 3G -- usage question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CardinalRule, Oct 23, 2008.

1. CardinalRule macrumors newbie

So I have a question about my new iPhone 3G. Just bought it today, took it home and restored it with all the data from my old iPhone. Working great. Then for some reason I decided to look at the usage data and this is what I found odd.

Under "Call Time" it has:
    Current Period: 19 hours, 10 min
    Lifetime: 19 hours, 11 min

Now I obviously haven't used the phone that much since I brought it home today. Probably only about 5 min. It also states that the last reset was 6/13/08. Wasn't that before the 3G even came out???

I checked all the signs for a refurb that were listed in other posts and it doesn't appear to be refurbished.

Any explanations for this? Is it importing data from my old phone? Any ideas? I'm just wondering if I should return it. Thanks in advance!

2. calvy macrumors 65816

I don't know for sure, but I'd bet all the cash my wallet right now that it has to do with your restoral from backups.

3. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Jajajaja the chinese girl from the factory used your phone :p

Now, seriously, it probably is, do you remember ever reseting your previous iphone statistics?

4. CardinalRule thread starter macrumors newbie

haha, I DID check for random pics of Chinese iPhone assembly line workers already ;)

After trying to remember back, I do think it's a result of my restore from my previous phone. I reset my phone the day before I left for France this summer so I could make sure I didn't rack up ridiculous amounts of data and voice. Looks like the problem is solved!

Thanks for the help!