New Iphone 3g Woes and might sell!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tttexxan, Aug 1, 2008.

1. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

Im about as tech as they come..I stood in line overnight for the first Iphone and never had one issue with operation or AT&T service. On July 11th I should have known better...Why get rid of a good thing??

I live in the Fort Worth Dallas area. Since owning the new 3G Iphone (since July 11) I have approx 2-3 drop calls a day. Several of the people I talk to also complain about calls being fussy and noisy. It has become such an issue I now use the Edge unless Im trying to surf the net.

Second many of the applications cont to crash or freeze up. The mail program set to push frequently hasn't synch on its own in 2 days.

Can you say Beta Testing at its best...

I would consider trading my phone for another 1st gen if possible.

My advice if you own a current 1st gen keep what you have and w8 till all the problems are fixed...Its really not worth the upgrade...3G is faster when the signal works properly. GPS is a nice feature in a pinch but not used even on a weekly basis.

Im not alone with all my friends having the same issues with theirs...

Side note...Several days after getting soooo many drop calls I talked with AT&T. They offered to send a patch fix to the phone to help with losing drop calls and I should receive shortly since this should not be occuring. She also suggested getting a new Sim card???

2. jdcrow711 macrumors regular

I had a 3g samsung on at&t. when i got the iphone 3g my call quality improved, i have not dropped one call and dont get any fuZZy complaints.

it is a 16gb white-- it has no light leaks, no cracks, and i wish all were as lucky!

3. tttexxan thread starter macrumors 6502a

I dont have light leaks or anything else, but the drop calls are enough to drive me crazy...My friend had three first day of owning.
    Its mostly likely due to the service in the Dallas/Fort Worth area but come on

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

That's why AT&T has a 30-day return policy.

5. nfg315 macrumors regular

nfg315

you aren't the first to complain about 3g service in the dallas area

i can't say for sure, but it seems to be a local thing..3g is fine here in nyc, no dropped calls even indoors/in elevators, etc

6. tttexxan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bought mine at the apple store and the return policy already over...Drop calls all over the place

7. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

No... the return policy is 30 days for the iPhone, to be in line with AT&T's cancellation policy.

It is not August 11th, so there is no way you wouldn't be able to return it yet.

8. dmel75 macrumors newbie

Conundrum...

Ok, I feel somewhat the same way. I'm on my second white iPhone3G, the first one had an issue with wifi that I'm not entirely convinced was hardware related. So far this new one has no cracks, however it does have a "crooked" silent switch and the top power on switch is higher on one side than the other, nitpicky but when you pay 300$ for a phone, it shouldn't have these oddities in my opinion. The phone works great though. I also have a brand new first gen 8GB iPhone that works great but I just had to have the 3G. However, I've found that if I turn on all the new features of the 3G (GPS, push, 3G, etc.) the phone lasts less than a day on battery after a full nights' charge so I wind up keeping these things turned off as much as possible and because I know it will kill the battery. This seems pretty ridiculous and I'm asking myself why the heck I'm paying the extra $$ for features I just cannot use very often. So, I have a dilemma. Do I return the 3G while I still have roughly 10 days left in my AT&T return window and go back to my 1st gen iPhone or do I stick it out and hope this one doesn't fall apart and just not use the new features very much? I like the 3G a lot, but seriously, after seeing all the problems this week I'm just waiting for it to fall to pieces on me.