New iPhone 3GS - can't sync data?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sayuri, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Sayuri macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recently got a new iPhone 3GS as my old one had technical difficulties. Even though I have the latest iTunes update and all my information is backed up onto iTunes, it won't let me sync. What happens is I plug the iPhone in and instead of taking me to the iPhone information, it takes me to this screen. I don't have a mobile-me account and I can't get rid of it, thus I can't sync my information.

Thanks!

2. Sayuri thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Sayuri thread starter macrumors newbie

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What's up with all the bumping by newbies lately? Don't do that. Read the forum rules, okay?

Have you checked your sync settings? It's possible one is set to MobileMe and therefore it's searching for stuff on it. Otherwise, I've never seen this (I also don't use MobileMe, so someone using it might know more).

5. Sayuri thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I won't do it again. I've just had this problem for a few days now and I'm extremely desperate... I might bump again though if my thread falls to the page because I'd rather bump than start a new thread...

How do I check my sync settings?

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Like I said, read the rules. They don't allow bumps here. If your thread doesn't get answered it means either no one has the answer, they think you should be able to find the answer, or they don't care. I'm just letting you know this before the mods tell you. Like I said, read the rules, so you know what to do on here.

How do you not know how to check sync settings if you're using iTunes with the iPhone? Click on the iPhone in iTunes. In the middle pane, it'll have Summary, Info, Ringtones, Music, etc. (not exactly sure on all the titles). Click on the Info tab. Under Info you'll have sync settings for Calendar, Contacts, etc. Make sure none of those have MobileMe selected.

7. Sayuri thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh okay, thanks. I'll go reread the rules.

Well I know that, but my problem is when I click the iPhone in iTunes, the MobileMe page comes up, and I don't know how to get out of it to ge the traditional sync page.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well, that sucks.

Like I said, I've never heard of this and I'm not a MobileMe user. Perhaps reinstall iTunes??

You also might look into the MobileMe Control Panel and maybe there's a way to turn it off there:

http://support.apple.com/downloads/MobileMe_Control_Panel_for_Windows

This is a hard issue to search for resolution.