new iphone 3Gs question with windows and outlook

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by starstreak, Jun 13, 2009.

1. starstreak macrumors 6502

Sorry if this was asked.

I use a windows mobile phone on both winXP and Vista. I sync it to outlook 2007. For both my calender and contacts. If I connect the iphone, will everything sync and just "work"? or will there be compatability issues?

Example: If syncing outlook 2007, will I have to tell the iphone/computer what to sync? or does the iphone have all the spaces for the multiple phone/fax/email addresses etc that outlook supports?
    Or will I run into issues like when syncing my email address #3 ends up the iphone in a address blank or something?

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

It can sync multiple phone numbers and email addresses no problem.

3. starstreak thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Anybody else? Considering this'll lock me into a 2yr with att, I just want to make sure I won't run into any issues since I'm more of a "PC" user than a Mac user. So I really need to make sure its compatable with my outlook on the PC.

4. Thudstaff macrumors newbie

Why I can't say with 100% certainty, I don't believe you will have any problems.

I'm in the same boat as you. I contacted the main phone guy in our IT staff at work and he said there will be no problems with me using an iPhone and Outlook 2007. Everything will be pushed to the phone just as it is now with my HTC Mogul.

I'm still deciding between the Pre and the iPhone but the latter is winning currently.