new iphone 3GS will not power on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by edo82, Jun 23, 2009.

1. edo82 macrumors newbie

Just bought my new iphone 3gs and for some reason it turned off by itself and will not turn on..
    I put it on charge but nothing will happen not even the charging sign..
    Any suggestions??
    Should i just return it??

2. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

Make an appointment with the genius bar?

3. tomwebster99 macrumors newbie

Mine was the same on arrival, battery completely dead. Just leave it on charge for an hour or so and then it will come to life.

4. edo82 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, it worked...
    it just needed to be charged for about 30 min even if it did not have the charging signs on the screen.
    I guess when its super low battery it doesn't even tell me that its charging.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

For future reference, when you purchase something that needs a battery whether it comes with it or not, if you cannot turn it on best to replace the batteries or plug it in. In your case I would have plugged it in and then started the thread an hour later if life was not peachy on the iPhone front.

6. cjosuper macrumors newbie

New iPhone 3GS will not power on

Not so. My situation is that I did charge my phone for over two hours, and it showed a full charge. However, as soon as I connected to my home WIFI, it downloaded all of my email and then shut down, and does not respond to reset. I bought it earlier today. I will return tomorrow. I am a Mac Person, but this is my first iPhone. This makes me nervous regarding switching from my Blackberry. Is he iPhone plagued with issues?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Never had a hardware issue with iphones since the first day the iphone came out.
    You do have a 1 year warranty from date of purchase, all you gotta do is bring it to Apple and they'll take care of it.

8. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

edo82,

Hardware failures are extremely rare. Most people will not experience it. However, if you're one of the unlucky fews, take comfort in the fact that Apple really looks after its customers well and will not hesitate to give you a new one if it turns out to be a hardware failure.

Plagued with issues? No.