new iPhone 4 dead?? less than 72 hours!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ruffian829, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Ruffian829 macrumors 6502

So my iPhone 4 that I got on release day stopped working (I posted this weekend about it- I couldn't hear callers, didn't seem to be the normal headphone bug, etc). I brought it to the apple store and they replaced it. I was sitting here doing some school work and I heard my phone vibrate (I always have it on vibrate) I picked it up and it wont turn on. OK, maybe it died but I didn't remember it being low on battery... so I got my charger, plugged it in, nothing. iTunes doesn't even see a phone being plugged into the computer.

Will NOT turn on... I'm not sure if there even is anything I can try (other than throwing it out the fricken window I'm sooo frustrated right now...)

any suggestions??

2. CZK, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

CZK macrumors 6502a

Return to the apple store.
    ________
    Sonic

3. Ruffian829 thread starter macrumors 6502

well thats obviously on the to-do list but I can't get there until late tomorrow so I was hoping someone may know something to help me in the meantime?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You try holding home and the power button for 15-20 to see if it turns on?

5. guitardave62000 macrumors regular

did you try a hard reset?
    hold the home button and power button for at least 10 seconds

if not that then try getting it into dfu mode
    turn the phone off and make sure its connected to your computer. Then hold the home button and power for at least 10 seconds then hold the home button for another 5 seconds. iTunes will detect it as a phone in recovery mode and you can then go from there.

You may lose everything on the phone with either of these options but it's the only ideas I can think of

6. Ruffian829 thread starter macrumors 6502

I did get it to come back on with a hard rest- I had to hold those two buttons for a SUPER long time though (much longer than 10 seconds- seemed like forever lol)

Thanks everyone.