New iphone 4 from verizon... I can sell it on ebay, right?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theLemur, Feb 11, 2011.

1. theLemur macrumors regular

Assuming I have another phone to use, I can sell the one I just bought from Verizon, right? I was thinking about returning it and going back to android, but then I realized that they sell for $600 one ebay, and it makes more sense to sell it than return it for a lesser phone that still costs $200 with contract.

Thoughts?

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

You have to activate it on your line, accept the terms etc and then re-activate your other phone. If you don't, when your buyer goes to activate it, he will either have problems and/or you will end up getting charged for the full retail price since the phone didn't start a 2 year agreement somewhere.

3. theLemur thread starter macrumors regular

Cool, that's what I was thinking. I already activated it and have been using it for 2 days. I miss google navigation though, and the apps for the iphone dont come close. Looks like I can sell the iphone on ebay for $600, less my $200 purchase from verizon leaves me ahead $400, and I can take $200 of that and buy a Droid 2 on ebay. SO... I get $200 and a Droid 2. Seems much better than PAYING $200 for a droid 2 from verizon. Muhahaha!