new iphone 4 ghost home button problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Somethingdumb, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Somethingdumb macrumors newbie

I just got my iphone 4 yesterday. I first noticed the problem when my voice command thing kept popping up for no reason. Then i noticed that the multitasking bar would pop up and down and up and down and that my iphone would fling itself to the search tab without (all of this can happen with me not even touching the phone, sometimes).

Sometimes when the phone is locked i see it turn on and then then ipod quick controls strobe off and on and off and on. Sometimes when i lock the phone it takes a screencap for no reason.

I can only assume that my iphone thinks im pressing the home button when i'm not. I havent been able to find anything about my problem anywhere.

Please help if you can.

2. gchhour macrumors member

Try and push down the home button and wiggle it around. There maybe some foreign objects under there that may be causing the problem. If not you can return to the Apple store or an AT&T store and ask for an exchange. Hopefully they will let you exchange it for free.