New iPhone 4 Home button is stuck

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by icedd, Sep 21, 2010.

1. icedd macrumors 6502

icedd

So I just got my phone today, didn't want to peel off the cover until my shield came. And as I pressed the home button, it just stayed down. I don't want to press it even harder to try and see if it pops back out. So every time I want to close an app, I now have to restart the phone. I'm taking it into Genius tomorrow but this is kind of ridiculous if I have to wait for another replacement. (people are still lining up over here in Canada)

Have any of you guys experienced anything similar?

2. madKIR macrumors 6502

You're not gonna have to wait for a replacement: they are always in stock. Those phones are in different boxes without accessories.

3. icedd thread starter macrumors 6502

icedd

Nah, it's different here in Canada. People are still lining up at 5:30 in the morning for the phone. :(

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Yeah but replacement phones are not just pulled off the shelf. They come all by themselves, no accessories, manuals etc. Just the phone. And then the Apple dude swaps it over and you leave. I had it done with my 3G in Canadia.

5. icedd thread starter macrumors 6502

icedd

Oh really. I was not aware of this. Thanks for informing me. Let's just hope that's what happens tomorrow!

6. icedd thread starter macrumors 6502

icedd

Update: Went to genius yesterday and didn't get a replacement yet. :mad: 2 was on their system but they were to be allocated somewhere else :rolleyes:. So I'm waiting for them to call me when they get ..replacement phones? 1-5 days. Ugh. I should get compensated for this.