New Iphone 4 JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zOdeac, Jun 9, 2011.

1. zOdeac macrumors member

I got so mad about not having the new ultrasn0w and missing out on the iOS5 tests and stuff that i just picked up an iPhone 4 factory unlocked so my question i have is can i still use the Apple iTunes updates now or do i have to still use custom iTunes update like i did with my 3gs?

I also want to Jailbreak it so i can get my call forward and iblacklist installed but this is the first time i have had a factory unlocked phone and i don't want to mess this up any suggestions thanks.

2. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Its kind of a bad time to get an iPhone now since the possibility of the next gen iPhone being may be released in the upcoming months

3. zOdeac thread starter macrumors member

I would normally agree but i will give this to my daughter after but im just concerned about the JB stuff for redsnow. I read it changes the baseband right?

I want to JB but don't want to change the baseband scene its unlocked.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You said its factory unlocked? If its officially unlocked then you dont need to worry about the baseband.
    If its just JB and unlocked with ultrasnow then you need a custom ipsw or to use Tinyumbrella to maintain your baseband.

5. zOdeac thread starter macrumors member

Ok this phone is not from this country and is not jail-broken now. My T-mobile Sim works in it now and they claimed its Factory unlocked. I was more concerned that that application for redsn0w would change my base band to the 6.15 based off of what i read at http://blog.iphone-dev.org/.

SO what your saying is redsn0w don't change the baseband its based off of the custom ipsw that changes the baseband to 6.15.

So it should be safe to download the one from Apple and use that ipsw in the JB right?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If its really factory unlocked then it will forever be unlocked and you dont need to worry about basebands or anything. You just use the latest redsnow to JB. And you cannot install the ipad baseband version 06.15.00 on an iphone 4. Its only for 3G and 3GS models.
    What firmware version is the iphone 4 in question and what is the modem firmware version?

7. zOdeac thread starter macrumors member

iPhone 4 Model: MC605AE
    Modem Firmware: 04.10.01
    running version 4.3.3 (8J2)

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Ok with that modem firmware and since your using a Tmobile USA sim with no turbo sim adapter then its 100% factory unlocked.
    All you gotta do is follow this to JB:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=14562
    You wont have to worry about restoring only to custom firmware or installing the ipad baseband or anything like that.

9. zOdeac thread starter macrumors member

Ok thank you i was just concerned about what ipsw to use and make sure i don't run some custom stuff to insure i don't mess up the baseband i have now.

I understand it probably wont matter to much but when you spend good money for the factory unlocked you don't want to scroo it up for iOS5.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced