"New" iPhone 4 replacement due to faulty mic

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xyphr3, Oct 11, 2010.

1. xyphr3 macrumors member

After work, I was stuck in traffic so I decided to call the family to say hi. After about 2 minutes on the phone, the person I was talking to kept asking if I was there and I would reply, but they could not hear me. I would call back and they would keep saying hello, hello, hello and hung up. Thinking this was not funny, I called my wife and she could not hear me. I went to the apple store and got an appointment to the genius bar. The gentleman was very nice and courteous, I told him what was happening and he wanted to test it out. He said he was going to use my i4 to call someone in the back to test the problem. After trying 3x to contact someone, he decided to get one of his working buddies to help out. So using my phone, he called his own cell phone and walked off with my cell phone. Luckily for me, my cell phone was still acting up. The guy said must be a microphone malfunction, phone looks great. I have had the phone for about 40 days. Anyways, gave me a new i4, I came home and synced with itunes and all of my stuff went back on my new i4, except my music. Anyways, had a great experience with apple, great store in the baybrook mall in Houston and recommend it to anyone in the area.

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Thanks for the positive post. It is easy to have a bad experience and vent, but for every problem I've had there's been weeks where my iPhone is "invisible" meaning I use it and don't give it a second thought.