New iPhone 4 screen will save Apple money in the long run

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bit_bucket, Jun 9, 2010.

1. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

Thought about this when the specs were released. Because the pixel density is so great and individual pixels are undetectable, nobody will be able to see any stuck or dead pixels, if they even have any with the new displays. That coupled with the elimination of light leak due to the new design, Apple could really save some money with not having to deal with endless returns from all of the OCD users out there. Thoughts?

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

OCD users will stare at things through a microscope to find faults. Never underestimate the persistence of perfectionists.

3. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

We should consult our resident OCD expert TheSpaz for his view on this matter.

4. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Unfortunately, he is no longer with us, and I am under him, as a trainee. I actually use a microscope to observe the differences.

5. bit_bucket thread starter macrumors regular

bit_bucket

Yeah too true :)

6. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

If there is a dead or stuck pixel, you will still see it. The problem isn't that the pixels are so small that they can't be seen, what it means is that you can't determine one pixel from the next for dithering or drawing. But you can see individual pixels in bad situations. If you have a pixels stuck white, if you are trying to display a black image there; you WILL see it. Same thing vice versa. Think about it, if you can't see any of the pixels then you can't draw fine lines or textures. It won't be as noticeable but it will be visible under the right conditions.

7. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I use electron microscopes and xrays to do my OCD work.