Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

potatownage

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
hey all,
i just got an iphone 4 today, and i am very frustrated by it. for some reason, while im using it, it tends to randomly shut off completely, and i have to turn it back on. i have restored it from 4.1 firmware many times, and nothing seems to be working. help!

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2010
hey all,
i just got an iphone 4 today, and i am very frustrated by it. for some reason, while im using it, it tends to randomly shut off completely, and i have to turn it back on. i have restored it from 4.1 firmware many times, and nothing seems to be working. help!

1. Return it
2. Enjoy your new one.

Well, that's not fully charged is it? :rolleyes:

Ok, so whats your point.....................................
________
Marijuana Vaporizer

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Ok, so whats your point.....................................

I was trying to find out whether the OP fully charged his battery, which he said "yes" to (when it really wasn't fully charged).

Before anything, you should fully charge your battery to see if the issue is related.

Bratheryst

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2010
It could be old user data thats causing the problem, if you restored the firmware, or "restored" the phone, and continue to use the old backup, it could be causing problems.

Restore the device as new and give it a whirl. If that doesn't work, have it serviced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.