New iphone 4 with 4.2.1 and 3.10 BB, some questions.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rs4, Jan 13, 2011.

1. rs4 macrumors newbie

Upgraded from a 3g and just got a new iphone 4 that unfortunately has 4.2.1 and BB 3.10.01 after I ran it through Tiny Umbrella.

From what I gather from reading various threads on here and other sites, I don't have to worry about preserving my baseband since it's already at 3.10 and not 1.59 because I'm not upgrading to 4.2.1, correct? It would be a different story if I had the 1.59 BB; then I can just follow the thread here about preserving it via TU.

Forgive my ignorance, but that means if I jailbreak with redsn0w using the tethered method, I would still have the ability to eventually unlock when/if the tools come out for x.xx baseband?

Having said that, whether I JB now or wait, I can hopefully still unlock later on down the road? If that's the case, I'll just follow the tutorials at iclarified in regards to jailbreaking.

Really appreciate the help. Thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Correct, you can only JB it now but not unlock.
    All you can do is wait for a new unlock and whatever you do dont update it to a new firmware if one is released down the road unless you get the ok from The Dev Team.

3. rs4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like I have no choice considering that 4.3 beta is out, and the reported final release is around March (or whatever happens to come out with the Verizon phone, whether that's 4.2.5 or not)

I guess I'll go forward with the jailbreak.

Thanks again.