New Iphone 4 With no Signal Problems??????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by riam, Aug 25, 2010.

1. riam macrumors regular

Telcel in Mexico anounced that this friday 27 of august iphone 4 will be availabla, the interesting part is what a Telcel directive said to the News

Qute form El Norte Newspaper

"Sobre el equipo, el directivo comentó que es el mismo modelo que se lanzó en Estados Unidos, es decir, que presenta el mismo problema de recepción en su antena, debido a que la nueva producción de dispositivos con la falla solucionada saldrá hasta el 30 de septiembre."

TANSLATION:

About the phone the directive comented, that is the same version sold in the US that presents the same reception problem, becouse the new production of phones with this issue solved dosent start until sep 30.

Is this TRUE???

or the directive is confused about the end of the free bumper campaign, is apple going to fix the antena problem????

2. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I think the El Norte Newspaper news paper needs to get a new editor.:rolleyes:

Or change their name to El Sol Newspaper.;)

3. shandyman Suspended

Well my week 38 doesn't have the problem so maybe they fixed it on the sly already.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

For the wishful thinkers. There's been no design change. Any change that would affect antenna performance would require a recertification from the FCC which is public record.

So when/if there's a change - Apple will either make it known (which would shock many since they insist there is no issue) and/or FCC documents would surface about the change (more likely if it ever happened).

5. shandyman Suspended

well if there's been no design change, then it is really random as to which phones have the antenna issue and which don't then.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

or they all have the design issue but it's more evident based on location/towers/etc

Plus all hardware is made to spec. That includes a variance as long as it "hits" within spec. Which is why some screens might be bluer in tint, some casings might have variances and why, in this case, some antenna builds might vary.

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

IT must be true!... I am sure that if Apple make any change the first person they will call is "El Norte Newspaper" on a country that was not included on the initial launch. It all make sense now! :rolleyes:

8. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Same with my week 31 and my GF's week 33. I live in a place with good signal in spots and bad in others.. and i never drop bars. When i have 5, or when i have 1. Same for proximity sensor.. it's fine.

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

The simplest explanation for the Sept 30 date is twofold:

(1) Apple had to put some boundary on the free case program; they'd have been stupid to make it open ended. With a specified boundary date, they can either extend it or not as they see fit (depending on what's going on in the media). Consider the "outrage" if there wasn't a specified end date and they decided to implement one.
    (2) My guess is as Sept 30 approaches, they'll be including a bumper or something similar in the box with new iphone purchases. MUCH easier to do this than to do a redesign, re-certification with the FCC (and equivalent in other countries), and suffer the resulting media barrage based on the outrage of owners who purchased before Sept 30th.

I'd be VERY surprised if there was a discernible hardware change in September.

For the record, my week 30 unit has given me no problems with signal. If I specifically try really hard to make it drop down a couple bars, I can make that happen. Haven't seen any affect on calls though even when trying, and in normal usage I've experienced no problems at all.

10. shandyman Suspended

as i have previously said in another thread, my neighbour got his at launch, his had the issue, we tested both of ours in the various places, his would drop signal or lose it totally, mine wouldn't drop a single bar. so your statement that they all have the same design issue and it's only based on location/towers/etc is flawed.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

Are we going to have the same conversation here that we had on another thread? Because you continue to not read my posts in their entirety.

But let me help you with that

Plus all hardware is made to spec. That includes a variance as long as it "hits" within spec. Which is why some screens might be bluer in tint, some casings might have variances and why, in this case, some antenna builds might vary.

12. shandyman Suspended

you just seem to follow me around and try to belittle my posts for the fun of it. i gave up with you in the last thread cos you always have to be right and i'm really just going to ignore all your posts from now on. so from now on, do the same and ignore my posts as i can't be bothered with your immaturity. thanks.

13. samcraig macrumors P6

Your paranoia is funny. As if I even noticed who posted the initial comment. FYI - I don't pay much attention to who is posting but rather what is being posted. But feel free to believe whatever conspiracy theory you want.

But for you, it's probably best to avoid a conversation with me since I have unrealistic expectations that you comprehend what I'm saying vs just firing off a response half-cocked.

You're welcome.

14. shandyman Suspended

see, again you just go on to try and belittle me and my posts, being condescending, saying i don't comprehend your posts. the fact is you've quoted the fair majority of posts i've done in the last day. you state alot of your speculation and opinion as fact when you don't actually know. i'm putting you on the ignore list now, so i don't have to see your borderline insulting posts to me.

15. riam thread starter macrumors regular

It's good to have guinea pigs To try new technologies and filter the good equipment from the useless

And please read the post and if you don't get it read it again and again and if you still can't get it, don't comment apple didn't call a news paper, apple is in contact with a cellphone carrier,

16. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

First at all, i can't read the "article" because you didn't provided a link. Second the quoted you provided in spanish is not even translated correctly.

Sep 30 is the end of the fiscal quater for Apple, that's all.

If apple is making any changes at all, the leak will come from Manufacture and suppliers not from carriers, not even Apple employees get those type of details.

17. Amino Man macrumors 6502

18. malim macrumors member

Have both of you switch phone and see whether your phone in his hand affected?

One theory that I think creates all this problem where one phone is ok and another phone is not ok is that each human body carry ions - and +. So it depends on how much of those ions you carry. Each person carry different amount of ions in their body and it does affect the antenna.

That is when sometimes we can see that some people can get some sort of electrical shock when they touch any electrical appliances and another person does not effected at all.

So my theory is because different people have different amount of ions in their body, it react differently to the iphone antenna

19. shandyman Suspended

Well he tried mine to check I was doing it right, so we covered that too.