New iPhone 4S announced - Why all the hate?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Risco, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

I am trying to understand all the hate for the 4S. If they had release a new design, but with the same innards I am sure people would have been much more accepting. I mean after all the innards are all new, everything is upgraded. Yes, it does not have a shiny new case, but really is that so bad?

If you look at all the Android phones, they all have similar upgrades but change the case slightly. Hell look at all the HTC and Samsungs, they all look practically the same!

Personally I would have liked the wider gesture button and a bigger screen. However I am not disappointed as it is still a pretty big upgrade over my iPhone 4. Plus my contract is about to run out, I got £282 for my 32gb and it will not cost me that much to upgrade.

So, if they 4S had been called 5 and had a new case design; would people have been so upset? I personally think no.

Thoughts?

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

there's always going to be an upset bunch. Im happily fine with my iPhone 4.

3. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

Every single other thread on this forum talks about the exact same issue, why did you feel the need to create another one?

4. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

For a tech website, some posters here are really dull. You honestly don't know why people were disappointed? I'm buying one and even I know why people were pissed.

5. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Because it's not called 5. Yes. Much of what folks were saying was going to be on the 5 is on the 4S...

6. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

-they kept delaying the launch of a new iphone over and over again
    -no bigger screen
    -same design as the 4
    -same amount of pixels
    -going from single core to dual core on my ipad1 to ipad2 had little to no effect, I'll assume this is the same from 4 to 4S.

need I say more?

7. Cablez macrumors newbie

People should be happy that they upgraded it at all.. They don't have to upgrade.

8. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I would have liked a bigger screen, but the 4S is only gonna cost me $50 since I sold my Ip4 for $250 so it's worth to get.

9. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

How can it be delayed repeatedly when it was never announced? Perhaps it was right on schedule?

10. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

To the OP: Humans are smart. People are dumb, crazy, and stupid though.

11. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

IMO, Apple made the right decision with the 4S. The technology Apple is looking for a thinner and redesign phone is not quite their yet, but very close. All of us regular iPhone 4 users don't have to worry about paying double to upgrade early if on contract and be locked into another 2 year contract. We can still do everything the 4S can do minus Siri (hopefully jailbreakers can port that). Just be thankful that iOS 5 works fine (based on others reviews) and not extremely slow/sluggish. To be honest, I wouldn't mind upgrading the the new 4S but, my current iP4 meets my needs and it's jailbroken/unlocked.