Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric5964

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Southeast Michigan
Got it yesterday morning. All seemed ok, used it all day. But twice it would shut down and the only way to bring it back to like was to reset it with the home/top button reset. Did it again this afternoon, so I left it in the dead position and off to the Apple store I went. It was also staying very warm, even when off so I knew something was wrong with it. Had to wait an hour for a genius bar appt, but they replaced the phone and I am back in business tonight! Good news is 5 over the years and this was my first dead one! Got to love Apple standing behind their products, no questions asked.

EricE

iphonenub

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2009
Yea that is what I love about apple. When their quality assurance fails they are quick to replace. On my old phone I had to pay money to replace a screen that came with multiple dead pixels. Which is when I decided the next phone would be an iPhone again.

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
same here

wife's iphone was experiencing something similar today. shut down unexpectedly twice and only want to bring it back was home + power reset. i hope we dont have to get it replaced - i just put a power support screen protector on it

do you know if the phone they gave you was new out of a new iphone box?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.