New iPhone 4S - no serious problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by koigirl, Nov 1, 2011.

1. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Just wanted to reassure those who are still waiting for their iPhone 4S's. I preordered from Apple Store last Thursday night and picked up on Friday my new white AT&T iPhone 4S 32GB. With much trepidatation, I opened the box and turned on the phone. Screen color tone looked pretty good so I pulled out my iPhone 4 and the 4S screen was actually less yellow/ more blue white than my iPhone 4 (!) which was an insurance replacement received last April. Shook the phone and heard no rattles. Used the camera and low-light pics are much better than with the 4. Reception seems better although I've still had a few dropped calls, mainly at rush hour. Incoming and outgoing volume seems much better on calls and voices are clearer. Battery life, unfortunately, does not seem to be quite as good but isn't terrible. Hopefully there will be an upcoming software tweak for the battery's efficiency from Apple.

I didn't report back immediately because I didn't want to jinx myself but I've had the phone 4 days and so far, so good. My husband also received his black Verizon iPhone 4S 16 MB ordered through Verizon last week and his has a blue-white screen, no rattles, but somewhat shorter battery life. So the point of all this is that there are some good phones out there. Don't stress or borrow trouble worrying before yours arrives!:)

2. RipsMctits macrumors regular

I was kind of afraid to even get the phone with all the problems that were popping up, but I haven't had any complaints. My screen isn't yellow, my battery life is within normal ranges if not above them, the camera works great, and I haven't had any huge issues with Siri either. I'm very happy with the phone. I treat it like the child I never plan on having. :cool: