New iPhone 4s owner..few questions?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by elykoj, Jan 10, 2012.

1. elykoj macrumors regular

I have an ipad2 already but I only use it for Internet stuff. I am getting my 4s in the next day or so. I want my iPhone to have all my email,phone contacts,pictures, etc... But I want it totally separate from my pad. I don't want to sync the two together at all. I want them separate. What is my best option as far as iTunes go to backing up? A little confused? :eek:

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

When you activate your phone, set it up as new, rather than using a backup from your iPad. You can turn off autosyncing of apps in iTunes and under store in the settings of the phone.

3. elykoj thread starter macrumors regular

Can I?

Can I back up my iPad2 in iTunes , and also backup my phone on ITunes as well but make be 2 separate entities? I want both my devices backed up but not synced together in any way at all.

I want my phone to have all my pictures and contacts ,etc stored into cloud in case I lose phone or phone gets screwed up right? Can you explain?:confused:

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Yes you can sync both devies - and have separate settings for each one.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yes, the backups will be kept separate. You can also use the iCloud backups.

Turn on the iCloud syncing for contacts and that will back them up. You can use photo stream for pictures, but it only saves temporarily. You should use your computer for a permanent back up of your photos.