New iPhone 4S - Upgrade to 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ajo, Dec 24, 2011.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

Should I avoid 5.0.1 for now on my iPhone 4S if I want to Jailbreak when it is released.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I did search.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I recommend you stay on 5.0 if you want quickest access to iOS5 jailbreak for A5 devices when it is released
    As a safety valve, use TinyUmbrella to save your 5.0.1 hashes.

3. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

Has it ever been explicitly said that pod2g's jailbreak he is working on is for the A5 for 5.0.1? And if so where and by whom?

Call me paranoid, but I dont want to upgrade without knowing for sure it is okay. I worry that if I upgrade and because of the complexity of the A5 chip, pod2g had to use an exploit from 5.0 that was closed in 5.0.1 and then I'd hate myself for it...now with the A4 exploit out, Im starting to get paranoid that 5.1 will be released before the A5 jailbreak

Make sense? I've seen users say one should upgrade, but I havent seen it said by Musclenerd or pod2g...or is it just safe to assume with the way jailbreaking goes that the same exploit had to have been used for both A4 and A5 devices?

4. kuwxman macrumors 6502

kuwxman

i went ahead and upgraded to 5.0.1 this morning. Pretty sure I had seen MuscleNerd say it was OK, but can't find the tweet. Either way, don't care. Want to say they only said to stay on 5.0 if you needed the unlock.

5. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

pod2g pod2g
    BTW: A4/A5 users, don't update to 5.0.2 when it's out, that would cut your jailbreak possibilities.

So one can infer that 5.0.1 is safe for the A5, I'm gonna go upgrade

6. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

i thought i heard that TU doesnt save for the 4S...guess i need to get updated TU.

7. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

it can save now, just at the moment there is no use for them

8. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Pod2g did tweet at one point that he had a jailbroken 4s on 5.0.1. Go ahead and update.