New iPhone 5 Sim Card Slot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applefanboy5, Oct 5, 2012.

1. applefanboy5 macrumors member

Once i opened my phone to check for scuffs, i looked around my phone and realized the sim card place on the side seems pushed in more then usual, do you guys have the same thing on your iphone 5s? Like its not leveled with the side of the phone?

2. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

nope, mine sits flush. I'd take it to an apple store and have them check it out.

3. applefanboy5 thread starter macrumors member

so yours is leveled with the side and not even a slight bit pushed in? thanks for replying btw

4. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

Yeah - it's completely flush. I'd barely notice it was even there if not for the little pinhole.

5. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Same here, perfectly level with the side of the phone, no discrepancy either way.

6. applefanboy5 thread starter macrumors member

mine is like slightly pushed in should i go for an exchange? like will anything bad happen to my phone down the line?

7. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

I doubt it, if the sim is being read it can't be far that far in, if it was me I might make a genius appointment and let them check it and decide.

8. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Apple just replaced my 4S due to the SIM card tray not being flush. Although mine had one side recessed, and one side was sticking out. The Genius admitted it was a defect and offered to swap. I said yes please. It really messes up the lines of the phone. I felt bad because my 4S was just swapped out the day before for issues with the receiver. But my original 4S had a perfect sim. Either way, yes, they will replace it.

It was weird though, I almost canceled my Genius appt and told myself I would live with it. In your case, since it's recessed, it might not look as bad. But mine was like all wonky, and crooked looking. I even said to the Genius when he asked what was wrong "This is probably the littlest thing, but..." He seemed to understand that it DID look bad. He actually took my phone in the back and I'm assuming took it apart, and tried to adjust it. He came out with it and it still looked crooked and recessed/protruding.

Up to you. Down the road will it give you problems? Prob not, but you never know.

9. aleni macrumors 68020

mine is level. but this tiny things always happen when u produce something like an iPhone with millions millions units.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

How can you live with something like that?:D
    Hurry and ask for a brand new replacement right away.

11. applefanboy5 thread starter macrumors member

well i still have a few more days to decide, i'm on verizon so i would have to pay a 35$ restocking fee, is your sim card side leveled or a little pushed in?

12. emaja macrumors 68000

Mine is flush too.

If your SIM is reading fine I wouldn't bother, but mine is in a case so I'll never see if even if it was pushed in a bit.