New iPhone 5C owner

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snow755, May 1, 2015.

1. snow755, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015

snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

well after being with AT&T i made the swich too verizon and got me a iphone 5C and it fits my bill wounder full i find the iphone 5C still a vary good phone for 2015 i will be takeing the past on the iphone 6 and will wait for my upgade too the iphone 7S or 8 in 2017 so cant wait for that

be for the iphone 5C i had a nokia 830 wish now i no longer ues so i am happy with the 5C and i am staying with it

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Just keep in mind that 5C is somewhat dated at this point and potentially within the next iOS update (depending on what it will really be like) will start showing its dated hardware somewhat more.

3. snow755 thread starter macrumors 6502a

snow755

will do but the iphone 5 and 5C and ipad 4 are all runing a A6 chip how ever the ipad 4 is runing a A6X chip both 32 bit i think the iphone 5C is all so good for the ones that dont want too go 64 bit but want too stay on a 32 bit so i think the iphone 5C will get updates up too at lest IOS 10

4. mpavilion macrumors 6502a

I love my 5c... have not (yet) ever wished for more speed or power; it's still so fast & smooth.

5. snow755 thread starter macrumors 6502a

snow755

yep

6. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

At the same price you could have got a top of the range android phone, instead of a 2012 (hw) toy. I don't understand people getting the 5c.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Some people don't care for Android (or some other ecosystem basically)?

8. snow755 thread starter macrumors 6502a

snow755

i really care for android i been mainy a iphone user since the iphone 4S came out i have had other phones such has windows and android lower space ones

but i do have plans on returning the iphone 5C and getting a iphone 6 wish i can do with in 14 days

9. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

That's a wise idea.

10. mpavilion macrumors 6502a

If not for the 8GB of max storage with which Apple has now crippled the 5c, I would recommend it without hesitation over any Android phone on the market.

(Except to someone looking for Android features specifically — and they wouldn't likely be considering an iPhone.)

11. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I'm sure that there are things that you do and buy that others don't understand.

12. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

If you prefer an iPhone 5c to a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (random example), it means that you don't even know what you're talking about.

13. mpavilion macrumors 6502a

Not going to argue — but you're the one who hasn't shown any particular expertise or p.o.v. You're just naming "random" phones, and arguing (I guess; you haven't really made an argument) that an Android phone with 2015 specs is "better" than an iPhone with older specs.

I know phones pretty well, and — I'll say it again — there's no Android phone I would recommend over an iPhone 5c for everyday, non-specialized usage. I would go into all the reasons I feel that way — and in fact have, recently, in another thread — but this doesn't seem like the place.

14. Meister Suspended

Meister

Completely agree. I don't understand people who buy android phones. i guess Samsung needs customers, too :p

15. mpavilion macrumors 6502a

To be fair, I used (and loved) one of the original Galaxy S variants for years. I'm quite convinced I was happier with that phone than I would have been with the iPhones that were out at the time (3GS, 4, 4s) — due to limitations with both hardware & software on the Apple side. But iOS and iPhone hardware have gotten better, and Samsung (and Android generally) have gotten less favorable, IMO.

I understand why some people still prefer Android for the things it can do that iOS can't (as easily) — but I wouldn't recommend it to most people.

16. Inspire-Me macrumors newbie

Hi, is your 5c running iOS 9?

17. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

You bumped a thread that's almost a year old where the OP said he's probably returning the phone lol