New iPhone 5c uses all my data !

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Main101, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Main101 macrumors newbie

I have had my new iPhone 5c for a few months now and within 10 days my 1gb of data gets used up and locked!

However I had 1GB of data on my iPhone 4 and never went over

I don't know what is using all my data I spent 10 days at glasto this month without my phone and somehow manages to use all of my own data !

Is it the phone ? Is it 4g? I haven't got a hotspot so what is using all my data ? Help ?!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What are you using, maybe your usage habits have changed since your prior phone, or it could be a buggy app.

3. Main101 thread starter macrumors newbie

What is a buggy app? How do I check if that is the case?

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

A buggy app is an application that has defects in it, that is causing it to use inordinate amounts of bandwidth.

tbh, I have no idea if there's an app that can help monitor cellular usage. I think iOS may be too locked down.

A couple of suggestions.
    Reboot the phone and monitor it over night to see if things changed.
    Do a reset and don't install any apps - monitor and see if things change, then slowly add more apps to see if the bandwidth starts getting used.
    Call apple and see if they can help

5. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

In settings, select Cellular and scroll down. You will see a list of applications you have installed, along with their use of cellular data. See if there's something strange, and report back.

6. I7guy macrumors G5

Exactly this. Monitor the cellular data usage through the phone settings.

Also turn off cellular data for those apps that really don't need it. Turn off use cellular data in iTunes & App Store.