New iPhone 5S/5C issues - phone or carrier?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tpcollins, Oct 7, 2013.

1. tpcollins macrumors member

My wife and I can upgrade our basic phones to iPhones at the end of the month - she wants a blue 5C, I want the 5S. But the issues I've read about them on this forum gives me pause. Are they mainly phone related or the carrier? I have Verizon, thanks.

2. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

3. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

What issues are you referring to?? There have been some minor bugs in IOS7, but that is the only thing I can think of. So far everyone I know with a 5s, have no issues . Every time a new phone is released ... IPhone, HTC, etc. there are always issues with one thing or another . My 4th year with a new IPhone... ( I upgrade every year) and I've yet to get a lemon.

4. hyhybt macrumors member

Something to remember: every product will have a few with some defect or other, and (for those where it's a relevant consideration) some where a setting or something gets garbled and has to be redone, that sort of thing. Message boards are going to tend to collect the stories of those who are having problems, so it looks like a lot no matter how few it is. This is especially true for sites like this that are good for advice on troubleshooting and workarounds.

Meanwhile, the majority who are having no problems have no reason to complain about their phones or ask advice on fixing them, so you pretty much only see comments from the few who happen to come across someone else's trouble and say "funny, mine doesn't do that."

In short, don't worry about it.