New Iphone 5S Sounds muffled

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by harleymhs, Nov 5, 2013.

1. harleymhs macrumors 6502

Hey Guys, Just picked up a NEW iphone 5s and to me the sounds all sound muffled! Even the incoming phone calls through the ear speaker sounds muffled.. When you send a text that sound also sounds very muffled compared to my old iphone 4 that wasnt updated to ios 7 . Anyone else notice this? Is there a way to modify the sounds like via the EQ like on the ipods? Thanks!!

2. ABC5S, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013

ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

First iPhone 5S sound was not as crisp or loud enough for me, sent it back, got another and turned off Noise Cancelation, than I went into Setting > General > Accessibility >Mono Audio and turned it off. My sound is normal to me, and I have some old age hearing issues. May want to try this. Hope it works

Also noticed that when using SIRI, the sound is very low. While using SIRI, use the buttons on the left of the iPhone to boost the sound level.

I now use the Apple ear head phones, and the conversations are very clear at both ends. I have some Bluetooth headset (Plantronics arriving today) and will try those out as well.

Edited: Found this regarding EQ question..

"Note: EQ settings affect all sound output, including the headset jack and AirPlay. (EQ settings generally apply only to music played from the Music app.)"

3. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

You made sure to take off the plastic screen guard that came with the phone right? Because SO many people decide to leave it on and don't realize that it covers up the call receiver!

4. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

YEs, I took it off.. Thank you!

5. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

My 5S sounds louder and clearer than my 4S, so no "muffle" issues here. I would get it replaced probably, just take it to Apple (if you are close to one) and have them look at it.

6. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

lol! but so true!