New iPhone 6 Having Weird Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cyberstven, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Cyberstven macrumors regular

Hi All,
    My parents received their iPhone 6's today (64gb gold and grey). Ordered on 9/29 from Verizon.

I ended up spending over an hour on the phone with them. Both phone's touch IDs aren't working at all (doesn't even acknowledge that the finger was pressed down when he sowed me on Facetime), my father says the person on the other end sounds "faint, and when he calls me on Facetime or switches to speakerphone, I can't hear him at all.

At first I was getting frustrated thinking that he was just old, but I'm starting to wonder if they received phones from a "bad batch" or if the restore from their iPhone 4's messed something up. I still have a hard time believing BOTH phones can be having these issues, but I literally see these weird issues happening as soon as he switches over to facetime/speaker phone.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas here? He is going to meet me at a local apple store tomorow morning, but I feel bad since he doesnt have a functional phone and he uses it for business. Thanks in advance.

2. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

Does sound odd but there are several issues in the current version of software....8.1 is coming really soon and may make these issues go away

3. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

I know this was probably tried, but my mom was having issues hearing... Her eyesight isn't as good as it used to be either. Who's is after 50? Any way.. Did your parents remove the clear plastic screen cover from the phone?? Lol.. My mom didn't, and soon as she pulled it off, problem was solved. Good luck

4. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

Another option is to backup to iTunes then do a Factory Reset and finally restore using iTunes.
    For some reason this does not clear it with an iCloud backup.