Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monkeymagic730

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
Hello, Guys Just recieved my brand new iPhone 6 Plus I just notice a large piece of dust under the screen what should I do.
Don't want to be waiting over 3-4 Weeks for a replacement handset
What happens I recieve the replacement handset with the same problem wait another 3-4 Weeks.
I need help please.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Hello, Guys Just recieved my brand new iPhone 6 Plus I just notice a large piece of dust under the screen what should I do.
What happens I recieve the replacement handset with the same problem wait another 3-4 Weeks.
I need help please.

I was waiting for the "dust under screen" thread to pop up.

rritterson

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
DC USA
I need help please.

Take it to an Apple Store. They always hold back stock for day 1 replacements.

dociphone

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2014
Returned my 6 Plus to the Apple Store and they gave me a brand new sealed replacement. Unfortunately the new one also has a few dust particles in it, but they're barely perceptable.

QC seems to have gone down hill. After buying four 6 Pluses, here are the issues I've had:
- Dust under screen.
- Clicking sound when pressing the screen next to volume buttons.
- Dead pixel.

I must be having really, really bad luck.

monkeymagic730

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
Returned my 6 Plus to the Apple Store and they gave me a brand new sealed replacement. Unfortunately the new one also has a few dust particles in it, but they're barely perceptable.

QC seems to have gone down hill. After buying four 6 Pluses, here are the issues I've had:
- Dust under screen.
- Dead pixel.

Seems like me and you rocking the same boat. lol

samven582

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2009

- Dust under screen.
- Dead pixel.

Your not the only one. I went through 4 iPhone 6

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
Quick question;
I bought one 6+ from Apple.
I bought another from someone online who bought it from Apple.
The one I bought from someone else has dust under the screen and I am wondering I can return it even though it wasn't me who purchased it? If I can't return it, is it still covered under warranty?

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Quick question;
The one I bought from someone else has dust under the screen and I am wondering I can return it even though it wasn't me who purchased it? If I can't return it, is it still covered under warranty?

You can't return it because you didn't pay for it, but you can exchange it, or just sell it outright and wait for better batches to come out.

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
You can't return it because you didn't pay for it, but you can exchange it, or just sell it outright and wait for better batches to come out.

Okay so I'm still covered under the year warranty and a dust particle under the screen would be covered correct?

ilifecomputer

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2005
CA
Quick question;

I don't see how they would let you full on return it if it was opened without a receipt etc.. But you will definitely get warranty coverage associated with that iphone's date of purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.