New iPhone 6 - slight tint! Anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Freida, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Freida macrumors 65816

Hello guys,

after a long hesitation whether or not to join the club of iPhone 6 due to the bend crap I've decided not to trust the media bubble and finally got my iPhone 6 today. First thing I did was to test if its completely straight which was fine ( :D :D :D ) but then when I was going through the setup I noticed that the screen is a bit yellow. I thought, that it must be the film which it was so I took it off and it looked fine except the top third of the screen which has a slight yellowish tint compared to the rest of the screen.

Now, my question is. Is it worth it to exchange it? Is it common problem? Or rare? Any insights about this?

I had similar stuff on my retina but that is of course another issue and was solved by Apple giving a new screen.

What do you think or what is your experience, please?

2. HenryDJP macrumors 603

It's common for LCD screens to lack uniformity. You can attempt to exchange it if it's within your 14 day return period. If past that time it's Apple's call if they see this as a defect or a non-issue.

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

My iPhone 5 had a yellow tint to the screen and so does my iPhone 6+.
    You could exchange several until you get one with a white screen, but then you run the risk of other faults such as dead pixels, loose buttons, bad batteries etc.

4. Freida thread starter macrumors 65816

I guess I will change it. Even though its not that bad it does bother me as I can see it. Top 3rd of the screen is warm yellowish whereas bottom is cold. I do feel a bit guilty to change it but on the other hand it is £620 phone which at this price level should be perfect, right?
    Some of my friends already tell me that its crazy to buy a phone that is that expensive but they just its because 1) they have kids => not enough money to spend on unnecessary stuff 2) they don't see the value.
    Anyway, I hope they will send me one before xmas. This one i got in 4 days which was awesome. :)