New Iphone 6 user music delete problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Slowride, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Slowride, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

Slowride macrumors newbie

He Folks and thanks for hosting this site. I'm a new Iphone user who was foolish enought to let my daughter try to move a few songs from her Itunes account onto my phone. I got a bunch of teen music i can't stand and cant get off. Help and here's what I've done so far:

1. Turned off Show All music on phone
    2. Gone to Settings, General, Usage, Manage Storage, Music and deleted all the crap
    3. Gone back to music and the songs that were downloaded and subsequently deleted from my phone still show. I'm unable to swipe left and delete any of THOSE songs, but can swipe and delete what i left on the phone.
    4. I also tried going back to Itunes to download the song again and then delete, but it shows "Downloaded" and won't let me delete or download further?

It's seem like they are "Ghost songs".

I do not subscribe to Itunes Match, don't know what that is and have run out of ideas. HELP! thx, SR

2. countmacula macrumors newbie

countmacula

I hear your pain!

Try what worked for the OP on this thread (second last post). http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1798868

"I don't use match either, but I was able to delete the songs by turning on show all songs (including ones from cloud) redownloading the songs I already had (even though there were duplicate rogue songs listed). After the duplicate/rogue songs were finished downloading, I changed my settings to show "only songs on phone and not from cloud). I was then able to do the swipe delete that Hal mentioned."

3. Slowride thread starter macrumors newbie

I already tried this. When I show all songs and go to a "ghost" song to redownload, the song shows as "Downloaded" already and doesn't let me download again. Even though when i go to "Usage" the song doesn't show on the Iphone