New iPhone 6S+ keeps disconnecting from charger

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HarryWarden, Dec 11, 2015.

1. HarryWarden macrumors 6502a

Unless I don't move the phone at all while connected to the charger (using cable from my previous iPhone 6+) I hear that familiar ding sound that signals the phone isn't charging. I just got the phone a day ago brand new so I can't imagine that there is already dust or something blocking or otherwise inhibiting the lightning port. This sort of thing never happened with my 6+ up to the day before I got the new phone. Is there something wrong with the phone or are the cables not entirely compatible or is there another issue?

2. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

The cable hasn't changed. Have you tried the cable and charger that came with your new phone?

C

3. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Oh, and are you using a case? Some cases can prevent the cable from being fully inserted...

C

4. HarryWarden thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have one of those thin skin-like "cases" that barely qualify as cases but do protect the back from scratches when laid on a table. I removed it and the problem persists.

5. HarryWarden thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

7. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

8. HarryWarden thread starter macrumors 6502a

Switched out cable only and everything is working fine now. Must have been the cable though there isn't anything obviously wrong with it just from looking at it (like a tear, rip, etc.).

9. hwojtek macrumors 6502a

hwojtek

I have a genuine Apple cable that works great off a charger, but makes the phone connect/disconnect every 0,5s in an endless cycle when connected to a computer. Also has no visible damage, so I suspect you might have just been hit be a variation if this case.