New Iphone 6s Plus headset jack top part pastic damaged issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j2ee, Sep 28, 2015.

1. j2ee Suspended

j2ee

I bought a new Iphone 6s Plus, I find out the top plastic inside the headset jack is "broken". Here is a photo of similar case:
    [​IMG]
    Does anyone have similar issue?
    I contact Apple and I could get a replacement, but I have already put a new glasses protector cover on the Iphone. If I get a replacement then the glasses protector would be total lose. If this issue is very common and very high chance that it would happen again even I get a replacement, should I just use the current one? The glasses protector is around $20 US dollars.
    Please give advice and thanks.

2. toughnut macrumors member

I noticed the same on mine but not as bad as yours. Mine is just a slight "crumple". It seem like the inner plastic sleeve is made too big or the drill hole is too small.

3. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

Are you going to request a new replacement? We are all within 14 days and should be able to get a new one.

4. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

I think you just suck up the $20 as a loss and get a replacement phone.

5. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

I understand. Do you think it is possible to transfer the glasses protector to the replacement phone? It will be a week in between shippment back the broken one and new one arrival.

6. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

If it's glass, you may well be able to if you're careful taking it off. Just keep it clean in between times (maybe in a glass of water? I don't know - dust is a nightmare).

If it's a film protector, I'd not even try, they tend to stretch when you remove them.

7. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

It is glasses. I am thinking to put it on cleaned mirror.

8. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

What brand is the glass if I may ask? If it's Zagg Glass then you have a lifetime warranty and all you need is to pay shipping, which is just 5 bucks I think. Go visit their website for more info.

9. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

It is just a local brand, don't have life warranty like zagg glasses. Just check amazon and zagg is just around $25 with life warranty, that is good deal.