New iPhone and warranty. Jailbroken and tethering

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thechidz, Dec 14, 2007.

1. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

Hello all,

Well, thanks to the geniuses on this forum, I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone, which is brand new btw thanks to a problem with the receiver (brought it to the new store on west 14th and they swapped it for me in 2 minutes).

This is so cool! Its like when I got the phone the first time in June. Jailbreak adds so many cool new tools to the phone, and it doesnt even need to be hacked!

I do have a question about the warranty that came with my new iphone though. Strangely, the warranty for the new "swapped" phone they gave me only oes until march 11th, which would make me lose about 3 months of my applecare from my original purchase??? seems srange...

But I am very happy to have a brand new iPhone, and apple service shines once more!:apple::apple::apple:

2. gothamm macrumors 6502a

you thethered your iphone? i didn't even know that was possible yet.

i'd be too scared to tether. i was reading about some guy getting an $80,000+ phone bill because he thought his "unlimited web browsing" allowed him to use it as a pc modem.

3. ZipZap macrumors 601

Cannot see how you could tether a iphone.

Regardless, the ATT terms of service restricks this type of connection and what you can actually do with it (which is surprisingly very little). I do know that they monitor and can back charge you for the more expensive tethering plan.

As long as you have unlimited data, you will not receive a huge bill as mentioned above.

4. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

actually it doesn't work. I was connected to wifi all along. Thanks for the insight