New iPhone. Any advice.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johndavidwright, Mar 27, 2009.

1. johndavidwright macrumors member

I just got an iPhone and was wondering if there's anything I need to know or any cool apps that I should download. Thanks in advance.

2. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

Hey enjoy your new iPhone! Go to the app store and just browse around! Try to stick to free apps untill you get used to your iPhone then you can start buying some apps.

You can also browse apps here - http://www.apple.com/iphone/appstore/

The facebook app is very handy... if you have facebook ofc. I also recomend shazam! IM+ is great for instant messaging.

3. Morphkid03 macrumors newbie

Congrats on your new iPhone! The first thing I did with mine was get it a case and screen protector. My incase rubberized iphone case has saved my iPhone from damages due to 2 falls, one on linoleum and one on cement! :eek:
    I have the Zagg invisibleshield on my screen for lots of protection. I highly recommend both of these products.

Don't forget to check out apps! You can find awesome tools (many free!) such as cookbooks, shazam (music identifier), AIM, etc. :D

4. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

5. RonCarr macrumors regular

RonCarr

My advice: take a look at some great apps in the App Store (facebook, Tap Tap REvenge 2, AIM) and sit back and wait until June/July when the 3.0 software comes out and enjoy even more great features!

6. nicheco macrumors member

shazam is an amazing program, but you do have to remember, in the fine print, that you "need the owner of the account's permission" to use it. last time i checked, that meant that you have to pay for some service.

mocha VNC is awesome, remote is great, flashlight., icanhascheezburger, koi pond, and hanoi plus. oh, papi jump, the regular one, is pretty cool too.