Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

actprods

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2015
Hello everyone,

I'm a Mac app developer (you can find my apps here — I highly recommend checking out Clockwise) and I have just finished developing my first iOS app. It's called Clepsydra and it's a rather simple (though very useful in my opinion) app to manage timers. It's iOS 8 only because it has a Today widget. Here are some screenshots:

image1.png

IMG_2081.png

The app is now in beta and available by invite on TestFlight, so I'd like to ask if there is anyone with an iPhone and iOS 8 that would like to give my app a try and provide any feedback! All you have to do is to give me your email, and I'll send an invite to that email account. Then you go to your iPhone, open the invite by email that you have just received and follow the instructions. You will need to install the TestFlight app (basically more or less an App Store app for beta testing where you see all the apps you're currently invited to test) if you haven't already.

Thank you,
Alexandre Truppel

actprods

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2015
Very nice! I sent you an e-mail. :)

Thanks! I have just invited you.

I have a question - Can you save these timers? I use the feature on my iPhone a lot for the same things over and over.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by saving the timers, but Clepsydra works so that after you configure and add a timer, it is always available to be used.

For example, if you make tea every day and you know it takes 5 minutes for the tea to be just as you want it, you go to Clepsydra and add a timer with the name "Tea" and the time 5 minutes. Then anytime you need to use the timer you just open Clepsydra and tap on it to start. 5 minutes after that you get an alert on your iPhone.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Thanks! I have just invited you.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by saving the timers, but Clepsydra works so that after you configure and add a timer, it is always available to be used.

For example, if you make tea every day and you know it takes 5 minutes for the tea to be just as you want it, you go to Clepsydra and add a timer with the name "Tea" and the time 5 minutes. Then anytime you need to use the timer you just open Clepsydra and tap on it to start. 5 minutes after that you get an alert on your iPhone.

That's exactly what I meant. :) Great to hear!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.