Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
So with the new iPhone, are you guys planning on going case less with it? With the metal back, I don't think a case will be required as much. At most an invisible shield.

I just went caseless on my iPhone 4, and, wow, It felt like I was missing out on a lot. It seems that other phones such as the plethora of Android and Windows phones were never designed to be really put into a case, and the whole iPhone case thing started because of the iPods that predate them...everyone seemed to have cased up their iPods.

I think I may go case-less with my new iPhone, get AppleCare+ and at most, later down the road, buy a clear one. What about you guys?

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
So with the new iPhone, are you guys planning on going case less with it? With the metal back, I don't think a case will be required as much. At most an invisible shield.

I just went caseless on my iPhone 4, and, wow, It felt like I was missing out on a lot. It seems that other phones such as the plethora of Android and Windows phones were never designed to be really put into a case, and the whole iPhone case thing started because of the iPods that predate them...everyone seemed to have cased up their iPods.

I think I may go case-less with my new iPhone, get AppleCare+ and at most, later down the road, buy a clear one. What about you guys?

Been caseless with every iPhone I've had. Won't change that with this one.

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
Not getting the new iPhone... have to wait out my contract before i can upgrade. Now worries though because the 4s is good enough for me for now.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Not sure, always go back and forth between using a case and not using one. I am going caseless with the GS3 right now, but since I plan to possibly return it for the new iPhone... I am baby-ing the phone big time.

Kelly682

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
East Coast
I am going full on protection!! Case (will wait till I find one I like) and screen protector. I'm going to get a random, generic sleeve/ pouch until more cases are manufactured. Its way too early to even think about a case. Just my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.