New iPhone Bluetooth Headset??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by QuietFun, Jun 8, 2008.

1. QuietFun macrumors regular

QuietFun

Do you guys think a new bluetooth headset will be announced by Apple Monday?? The rumors about the new commercials being filmed said the production people were messing with the actors ears and one of the commercials could be CIA type agents that end up in an Apple store. So what do you guys think?

2. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I hope a new BT headset is the major announcement during the WWDC keynote. AppleTooth Headset: Now supports 3G phones!

3. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

There is no reason for apple to come out with a new bluetooth headset. Their current one will be compatible with the new iphone as well. The iphone bluetooth headset may get updated eventually, but not any time soon... although it might be included with the new iphone. cool perk eh?

4. Sekots macrumors member

It really sucks that the new iPhone most likely won't fit into the Bluetooth dock that comes with the headset.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yeah, I hear that. I'm constantly recharging with the cord/cable that charges my BT at the same time. I guess I'll have to go on without my iPhone/BT dock in the near future. :(

6. QuietFun thread starter macrumors regular

QuietFun

I think that if there are two models of this thing that a BT headset should come with the higher end one.. It would make more people want to buy that one instead (make people think their getting a deal you know).

7. drchipinski macrumors 6502

drchipinski

I would like to see an improved headset. The first one is REALLY has a lot of static.

8. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

i miss using the bluetooth in my car. my nokia i am using doesnt have it. i will be fine with the same bluetooth connectivity.

9. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

Agreed. I had to stop using mine.

It would be nice if the reception and static were improved, and if it incorporated some noise canceling technology into the microphone.

10. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

11. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Assuming that the "leaked pics" are true, the iPhone would fit in the existing dock. They may just offer a very slim adapter to ensure a snug fit. For those of you who didn't see the leaked pics, it appears the edges are slimmer and the back is the same thickness. 19hrs 12Min to go and hopefully we find out.

12. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

the iPhone dock doesn't use the universal dock adaptors, only the ones with the IR receivers do.

also i'd expect the new one to come with a dock, maybe not for the 'cheap' model if such a model exists

13. dohspc macrumors regular

dohspc

I hope there is a new one, maybe one that supports bluetooth audio?!?!

14. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Why worry about a new headset, when there are many many high quality bluetooth headsets available that aren't iPhone-specific? Really, what would be a lot better would be if the new iPhone would support A2DP (high quality stereo audio over bluetooth), which seems rather idiotic to not have been supported by the original iPhone even more than the lack of 3G, considering it's a music device...

15. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Better yet: $50 price cut on current headset so it doesn't seem so outrageous. I still don't get why it's so much more expensive than the 1,500 you can buy for about $50.

16. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

I remember reading something about Apple preparing a stereo A2DP BT headset that will be released around the time of the new iPhone. The article went on to mention that the reason for this was that the next gen iPhone will supposedly include A2DP stereo Bluetooth music streaming from the built-in iPod player.

The person also wrote that Apple chose to not include a2dp stereo streaming until Apple could perfect and sell it's own A2DP BT headset to sell alongside the iPhone.

17. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Dude, we need to see it in Print! Show us the "money" via a link. Anything beyond that is "hearsay!" :confused:

18. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Alright, lemme see if I can pull up the link.

EDIT: http://www.appletechnews.com/news1/news107.7.17.07.html

OK. I found it. Now that I found it, it doesn't sound like too credible a source but, hey -

http://gizmodo.com/378648/iphone-to-support-gps-stereo-bluetooth--nike%252B-battle-hackers

There seems to be at least some mention of an A2DP string in the 1.2 beta, so who knows.

19. QuietFun thread starter macrumors regular

QuietFun

So what now? Steve did not say a word about it. Im confused about this because the Headset is now more than a year old and still original price..