New iPhone came with 10.1.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MassMacMan, Feb 28, 2017.

1. MassMacMan, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2017

MassMacMan macrumors regular

I got an iPhone 6S Plus a year ago, and managed to keep it jailbroken as I upgraded from iOS 9 to 10. With the latest yalu hack I was able to upgrade to 10.2, just hours before Apple closed the signing window. Then a few days ago, disaster struck: I dropped my phone and shattered the screen. Fortunately I had insurance, so a couple of days later I got a replacement phone delivered. I was sure it would be loaded with 10.2.1 and my days of jailbreaking joy were over. To my surprise, it was loaded with 10.1.1, so I'm still living the jailbroken life.

2. navigates macrumors 6502a

I did a similar thing, except, I sold my brand new iphone with 10.1.1 and repurchased based on a serial number search for a lower iOS and got 9.3.2. I needed pptp vpn

3. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I switched from AT&T to Verizon. Sold my iPhone and repurchase an sim free iPhone and luckily it was loaded with 10.1.1. I'm just waiting for a stable jailbreak for my iPhone 7 plus.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm still on 9.0.2. There is nothing and has never been anything that would motivate me to update after having jailbroken.

I have updated in the past, which is why my jailbroken iPhone 5 is now on iOS 9.0.1 but it wasn't because I wanted to update. It was for other reasons.

All things being relative my iPhone 5 would still be jailbroken on iOS 6.1.

5. Boogsephine macrumors 6502

My replacement phone arrived today and it has iOS 10.1.1 installed. Which method is best to jailbreak this version? My previous phone has been on iOS 8.x for so long that I forget which programs to even use these days!

6. MassMacMan thread starter macrumors regular

I used the latest versions of yalu102_beta7 and Impactor. Works fine under 10.1.1.