New iPhone - Can anyone help me out?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by TechieGeek, Jan 14, 2013.

1. TechieGeek macrumors member

I have several questions that I can't seem to find the answers to.

1) Is there a way to set how long the screen timeout is? Especially when I get a new email or message and the phone wakes up on the lock screen, is there a way to minimize the time that the display is on for?

2) Is there a way to be notified only once for new emails? Let's say I get an email and don't check my phone, when a new email comes 30 minutes later can I set it not to vibrate for that second email?

3) Any way to only be notified about emails in Gmail's priority inbox? Or would I have to create a list of approved senders to make a VIP folder? And...on that VIP folder...how exactly do I make it so that I only get notified about new email from VIPs?

4) Is there any way to set a different volume for say, the ringtone and the notifications? Like having quiet notifications and a louder ringtone? Would I have to create a custom loud ringtone and quiet notification sound to achieve this?

Thank you all in advance!

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

3. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

1) Yes, it's called Auto-Lock. It's under Settings, then General. Scroll down a ways and you will see a setting that looks like this: Auto-Lock 1 Minute. Tap that and you can set it. BUT 1 Minute is the lowest it will go.

2) No not for e-mail but for SMS messages you can.

3) If you use the default email app there is a VIP folder that you can use. You an set up the default app to use Gmail but i'm not sure if the VIP folder will work for gmail. I have an iCloud email account so the VIP folder shows up for that account.

4) No the ringtone/notification volume is unified.