New iphone case. Xylo Touch-Thru

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kimguroo, Apr 10, 2008.

1. fredrickyoon macrumors regular

fredrickyoon

Website must be done. Get internet explorer can not display the webpage.

Any other suggestions? Does look nice though.

2. waywardsage macrumors 6502

waywardsage

yeah this seems like the perfect case for me. I have a physical job and while i'd like to get an iPhone i'm terrified of having it smashed against a piece of equiptment or a road case. I have my iPod in a similar enclosure that allows me to access the clickwheel and I don't find it bulky at all. And it practically preserves it from any scratches and wear.

Alot of people are pretty opinionated about why you would want to emtomb it and hide its "clean industrial design". But I say, what about those of us who are stretching to afford it and can't afford to buy another one if its accidentally smashed?

3. Applepi macrumors 6502a

Applepi

Grr, had I known about this last night I would have bought it instead of the slider. This case is beautiful, and not a shabby pricetag to boot.

4. eastmanweb macrumors newbie

Does it really work?

It looks great, but I want to see it in action. Are there any videos of it in use?

5. scott99 macrumors 6502a

This is the EXACT same case as the Artwizz SeeJacket Crystal, which was the FIRST case to have a plastic screen protector built in that makes the screen still touch functional. Check out both websites. They both even have the strange double-earhole. Several companies have since followed Artwizz's lead, and I believe there are AT LEAST 3 or 4 cases out there like this. Pacific Rim has a similar case. I have both the Artwizz and the PR, and they both have pro's and con's (static cling which causes air bubbles, Artwizz's is annoying, PR's seems to be 10x worse !). I prefer the Artwizz. The good thing about the Ivyskin is that it will be sold at the Apple store.

6. Bad Ash macrumors regular

Bad Ash

I've already heard complaints that the touch is no where near as good as it is normally. They claim it works like normal so beware.

7. ~*allison*~ macrumors regular

I ordered this two days ago, the ivkyskin xylo t2 reflect version, and I also ordered the Contour iSee v3 with all the little plugs and stuff to cover the docking port and headphone jack. I'll do a review and post some pics of each one once I get them. :D

8. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Warning

I have recieved my Xylo T2 case from IvySkin and had it on all of 15 minutes before I took it off.

The case looks super and allows the iPhone to be completely seen while providing adequate protection. Very minimal footprint and does not add much bulk to the iPhone. Does not allow use of dock but I use the cord anyway.

The major problem is the touch screen. Not only does it work as described but it also transfers a nice wet fingerprint to the iPhone screen. This allows a buildup of fingerprints between the case and the iPhone which forces you to have to take it out of the case and wipe down the fingerprint buildup on the inside of the case and the iPhone screen. The body electrical transfer is great, but it is also transferring your fingerprint. I tried on two different iPhones, one with a crystal protective film and one without...both had fingerprint transfer. It is a major moisture trap.

I did notify the company but have not recieved a reply as of this post. At this time I would NOT recommend this case.

9. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

SFCArcher:

wow! thanks for the warning! i was really excited about this case until i heard about the fingerprint transfer issue you described. i totally did not expect that...

10. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Neither did I, that is why I wanted to warn everyone. Both my co-worker and I ordered one and they are now in the bottom of a drawer. It may not be a moisture transfer but more like a static transfer...its hard to explain.

When you push down on the case it merges with the iPhone screen for about half a second and when it seperates away from the screen, your fingerprint is embedded between the case and iPhone, I even wiped the fingerprint away from the top of the case where I touched and the one underneath is there.

I also would be concerned that in very humid environments that moisture would condense and become trapped inside the case, which as we have seen by many many posts that the iPhone is allergic too with a high death rate.

11. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I'd like to see the reply, if you get one.

12. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

I have the Otterbox case and this bubble-like effect happened to my phone also. It's just from the case touching the iPhone's screen.

I was told from Otterbox to rub my palm against the entire screen of the iPhone and then try it out.

Or if that doesn't work, put the iphone on your face to get the oils onto the phone and then smudge it around with your palm. This should help the problem some.

I wanted to get this Xylo case, but would like to see a video of it first.

13. ALittleDrive macrumors regular

This is true, it looks to be the same case as the Artwizz SeeJacket Crystal, which i own. It is great! I like using the iphone better with it on then without it. It protects great and looks really sleek. I actually don't get any bubbles or static cling or any of that...I have used it for two weeks now and this is the first I've heard of any of that happening. So, I highly, highly, recommend the Seejacket crystal!! Not to sound like a commercial or anything, but I just think this is a unique and awesome product that is kind of obscure. You have to search around to get it in the US, as it's a German product. Hope this helps!!!

14. Rumorman93 macrumors member

Rumorman93

buying 1 of each they have with this technology

What a great case it would nice if someone would improve on this technology and make a better more duable case with full screen protection, you never know someone might??

15. ALittleDrive macrumors regular

funny...

yeah, so that bubbling just finally happened to my artwizz and the solution is like the solution above. You just touch your fingers to the inside of the case to get your oils on it, then put the iphone back into it. This solves the problem, voula!!

16. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Still no reply...but will post when and if they respond

Tried what you (and otter) said. Yup, it works, to a degree. I no longer have the case sticking to the screen and leaving fingerprints and smudges...great, HOWEVER, now i have "finger oil" marks on the inside of the phone which gives it a cloudy look. So, I either clean my phone/case with a good wipe down to get a crystal clear appearance until I touch it or I have a cloudy appearance that wont stick to the screen. Hmmmm, guess I still do not recommend this case and I will continue to go "nekid"

Thanks for the idea though.

17. tigerinroc macrumors newbie

problem solved

I put 2 pieces of paper diagonally underneath the black part of the case so that the case does not touch the screen all the time. This eliminates the bubble effect, prevents sweat to be transferred to the screen, and creates an air circulation.

Play around with the thickness of whatever you put between the case & the phone until you satisfy.

Good luck.

18. AFKMatrix macrumors member

Hi,

Very interested in getting this case as I just picked up my iphone today :D

I don't like the sound of this fingerprint thing so can someone confirm what tigerinroc has suggested?

Also does this case scratch the chrome at all? (have seen other cases reported of doing this?)

I am also thinking if tigers idea does work of sticking the paper down with double sided tape but obviously don't want to ruin my screen, so does one of these screen protectors fit under the case at all?

EDIT: I have also just been reading up on the Artwizz version of this case and people say that the face is sharp and uncomfortable? Have any of you found this with the Ivyskin? I am assuming they mean the piece around the touchscreen correct?

19. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

Well, I just got my Artwizz case (which is basically the same exact style as this one) and AM pleased with it, but the edges around the phone are sharp... and also around the piece of the ear speaker.

How are the edges around the Xylo case everyone?

20. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

What's an "ear speaker"?

21. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

The ear piece then. The receiver. Whatever you may call it..

22. tigerinroc macrumors newbie

to Afkmatrix

the case does not scratch the chrome on my phone.

I have a film protector on my phone as an extra protection and it works fine with the case.

The edge of the phone is not sharp to me.

If you use double tape, put the tape on the case so it won't stick on the phone. Instead of paper, I think cloths could work too. The important thing is how thick the insert should be.

Like anything else, the case will get dirty with time. So you need to clean the case and the screen once in a while.

I do like the case because it covers the whole screen, not like other cases which covers the black areas and have the screen open. As a result, dirt got harden & stays permanently on the film protector in the covered areas. It looks disgusting.

23. AFKMatrix macrumors member

Thanks for that Tiger. Does anyone else find the Xylo sharp at all, either the case sides or the ear piece? I am sooo wanting to pull the trigger on this :)

24. mperkel macrumors newbie

I have this case!

I like it, perfect fit, very slimming, but I also ran into the issue with the "moisture" under the screen. I don't think it's from seeping through from fingers because i cleaned my iphone and the back completely and dried it, it looks perfect until i seal it together, then the moisture forms. I'm also going to email the company. The IvySkin case is perfect if not for this one thing.:(