New Iphone coming for me? But...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dsalehipour, Feb 27, 2009.

1. dsalehipour macrumors newbie

So my phone contract for Sprint is about to end (late March) and i was wondering how much time i had to switch services to AT&T to get an Iphone. Because i know the new iphone will be coming out shortly, maybe in July, and i was wondering if anyone knows how long Sprint lets you keep their service after the contract ends. Also i was wondering that if i were to buy an Iphone in late march, would i be able to update it to the new one that comes out after it for free or for a cheap price or at all?

thanks...

2. Macisgr8 macrumors member

I'm not sure a 100% usualy they will let you keep your contract month to month as long as you pay the phone and dont go in there to get a new one.

3. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

If you buy the iphone now you will not be able to upgrade to the next one at the discount prics. I used sprint for a whole year after my contract had expired.

4. dsalehipour thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, ok cool. I'll probably keep my contract until the new iphone comes out then bail from Sprint ASAP! Bad service for me.

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

:( Check the terms on the Sprint site and you will see the you will be switched to a month-to-month contract that requires 30 days notice for either party to cancel.

Dave

6. Rusalka macrumors regular

Rusalka

I switched from sprint (after my contract ended, i was just paying my normal bill just without the contract) and I didn't give them any notice, I ported my number to ATT and that automatically closed down my sprint account

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, he may have to pay for the rest of the month at Sprint, but if he does that they can't stop him from going to AT&T and buying an iPhone!

They're legally required to let him port his phone number to the other carrier, so it's not like they can hold that hostage.

So, yeah, he may have to pay the rest of the month to cancel the Sprint contract, but he can move over to AT&T whenever he wants to.

8. dave006 macrumors 68020

You misread the thread. The thread starter was concerned that Sprint might let them keep their service once their contract ended. :eek:

We were explaining what happened at the end of the service agreement (contract) and how his existing Sprint service would continue while he went about getting an iPhone and service with AT&T and that he would not just be "cut off" by Sprint when the "contract" was over.:)

Dave

9. Andruw91 macrumors regular

I've been using my Nextel (Sprint) service since the contracted ended in November. When I asked them about canceling it they said you can cancel it 30 days prior to you end of contract date without having to pay and early termination fee. I'm waiting until after the WWDC to make my decision on an iphone, and since my ipod classic died last week I definitely will buy one after the WWDC no matter what. I've wanted an iphone since the 3g came out, but I have no problem waiting a few more months to see if there is an update.