New iPhone coming from android

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abs9986, Oct 17, 2011.

1. abs9986 macrumors member

Hey all,

This is my first iPhone (4s) and I am really excited so far. I am coming from the android world (HTC incredible) which was pretty good. Ultimately I was tired of the unpolished UI and lack of upgrades from HTC.

Anyways, I was wondering if there were any good guides for how to use the iPhone, especially coming from the android perspective. I have found a lot of info on ios5 but I feel that I have missed the four years of iPhone experience that most of you have.

Thanks,

2. saaketham macrumors member

Well ... if you're used to Android, it shouldn't be too much different. Are you having trouble with any setting or feature?

3. phearx macrumors regular

The phone comes with a small guide "fingertips", but I would recommend watching videos on youtube, and asking questions on the forums.

4. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Well coming from android shouldn't be a problem at Lear your used to touchscreen , there is some stuff that you might feel like is missing like share pictures (with any app that allows it in android ) or switching keyboards , or maybe the launcher. Leaving the behind you will have a really nice looking device with a polish OS that would make you mad sometimes but wow you most of the times, the apps look much Better and respond better as well, and the apple support is amazing , if you can't find any questions in this forums , just make sure you ask we all here to help :)