New iPhone Coming Out in August 2014: Rumour

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by polee, May 10, 2014.

1. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

It does not make sense that Apple will reveal/launch the 4.7 in model in August and then REVEAL the 5.5 in September.

1. Why would Apple make journalists and bloggers come to two different iPhone events back to back? They wouldn't.
    2. Why would Apple piss off a manor mass of consumers by announcing the new iPhone 6 and then wait a month later to come out and say hey, we have a bigger iPhone now. Buy this one! After some people already bought the 4.7 in a MONTH before. Apple wouldn't do that.

If the 5-5.5 inch model is not ready to ship by the time the 4.7 is ready, I'm sure they will announce both, show them off and give you an idea when it's coming out.

I don't trust this "article."

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

This. 4.7 1 week after keynote.
    5-5.5 up to 4-6weeks after keynote if they have to.

Since iPad is getting a relatively minor bump with TouchID. It could be first, and maybe combined with iWatch and/or AppleTV.

3. polee thread starter macrumors 6502a

polee

I do not know if the source of this article is accurate. August does seem to be a bit odd for the release date of a new iPhone.

4. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I think it'll be September just like the last few years. That gives them time to finalize iOS 8

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Very much agree. Assuming both sizes are in fact coming out this year, they will be announced at the same time even if the 5.5 is released later.

6. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Yeah unless iOS 8 is a real minor update

7. cynics macrumors G3

Late Sept early Oct release on any and all iPhones. It needs to be in stock and fresh for the holiday season.

Releasing it much earlier makes it old news for Christmas. Any later and it will be sold out.

My 2 cents.