New iPhone coming out next month?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ronaldcastillo, May 20, 2010.

1. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

Most sources confirmed that the new iPhone will be released on Apple's WWDC on June 7-11th, 2010. I was wondering if Apple normally offers a pre-order for the iPhone 3GS in the past? I plan to purchase an iPhone on June full price, and hopefully unlock then.

2. Surely Guest

Surely

If anything, it will be announced at wwdc, not released.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

At least in the US, at the release of the 3GS, you had to buy the iPhone with an AT&T account at purchase. There was no full price option.

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

In the past Apple have announced the iPhones, and then there is a few weeks where pre orders are taken before the phones are released.

5. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

3GS was only 11 days.

6. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

7. greenfields macrumors member

I think with the Evo being released the 6th, Apple will be making a huge mistake if they don't announce their next iPhone, and don't release it soon after.

People will just stop waiting, and get the Evo, I know if June 11th comes and not a scrap of the iPhone is acknowledged from Apple, I'll just be skipping my plans to get one.

Or if the release date is further down the road than July / August, I can't wait another 6 months for it.

8. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

lol. Your average smartphone user probably doesn't know what Evo is.

9. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Ugh. Last year was the only year for preorders. The gap was 11 days.

10. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I was specifically talking about the UK (though may not have made it obvious from my post) The release date in the UK was after the USA but they could still be 'ordered' through carriers.

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Then why would you assume the release date in the UK is the same day as the announcement in the US? If anything, based on history we should assume the UK launch will be a few weeks after the US launch.

Edit: Now that I'm not on the mobile site, I see that you are not the OP. Why would you change to discussing the UK launch mid-thread w/o making it apparent?

12. greenfields macrumors member

Don't you think Sprint's aware of that problem and hoping to fix it? I'm just saying if Apple's not prepared to deliver any thing soon, I can't wait forever!

13. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Don't worry your little head...Apple will announce @ WWDC.

14. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Haha I gotcha.

I'm afraid it's going to be a Palm Pre situation; a good phone that people don't know about because of Sprint and poor marketing.

All these iPhone leaks make me think it will be released akin to the 3GS, very close to WWDC.

15. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Yeah the average consumer just wants "one of those iDroid touch phone thingies where I can get directions" :)

16. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Why? Chances are the OP was talking about the US release.

17. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

iBlackDroidPreTouch phone thingies...

18. greenfields macrumors member

I have faith, they deliver the goods like no one else! This place will be nuts with dozens of threads @ 1000s of posts created from the live journals, going over every big new feature! I'm looking forward to it...

But Apple's not committed themselves to announcing a release date at WWDC, so it is possible, although unlikely, that we'll still be in the dark about the phone after the WWDC... that's my biggest worry.

But, I can rest easily knowing if Apple lets me down, Sprint will be there waiting for my money :)

19. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

One other issue is the EVO is only available from Sprint, major setback, also just like the HTC HD2 which is only on T-Mobile, I do not see a lot of ppl jumping bandwagons so soon.

I like both phones so far from what I have seen and touched, however I am not leaping to another crappy carrier just for hardware.

AT&T and Verizon are far better for me then Sprint and T-Mobile:rolleyes:

20. Iloveapple! macrumors member

Well said. If Apple doesn't announce the new iPhone AND make it available for sale within a month after the WWDC I'm going to have to settle for a droid. I never thought I would say that but if Apple doesn't deliver they don't get my money

21. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

They didn't commit in previous years either. But to not announce one in June would be like starting WWIII around here. :eek:

22. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

This would be World War 4. World War 3 came when Apple waited so long to release the Macbook Pro update

23. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

The Fallen.

24. jlwilsonjr macrumors member

I sure hope the new iphone is announced next mth with a July release. I love my iphone but I did play with a co workers "incredible" today and I was impressed with how fast it was. That said I will not jump ship unless there is a huge delay in the release of the next version. If that happens I'll stop paying for my iphone and let my company pay for a EVO.